PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from California

coppercop
02-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi--I'm new here, just wanted to say hello from Sonoma County, California....look foward to engaging in the forum.

SeabeeRon
02-10-2012, 12:15 PM
WELCOME!! Good to have another Californian on here! :cool:

Fire Fighter 43
02-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It's good to have you with us.

coppercop
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks ! SeebeeRon, did you SEE the huge waves last 2 days? Was out at Salmon Creek yesterday..huge...gotta go back at low tide and hunt for goodies...where do you hunt down in santa Cruz? I have family on 14th Ave, so, easy for me to spend the night, if you want to go out sometime together.
Calvin

aloldstuff
02-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Welcome from western MA. Glad to have you and looking forward to your posts. Have you been detecting long?

Lowjiber
02-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Welcome aboard from southern Nevada.

Used to live in the mountains just south of Los Gatos.

(I'm an old hunting buddy of SeaBeeRon.)

SeabeeRon
02-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks ! SeebeeRon, did you SEE the huge waves last 2 days? Was out at Salmon Creek yesterday..huge...gotta go back at low tide and hunt for goodies...where do you hunt down in santa Cruz? I have family on 14th Ave, so, easy for me to spend the night, if you want to go out sometime together.
Calvin

The Main Beach by the Boardwalk is always good in the Summer! thumbsup01

Yeah, the swell has been huge! :twirlingeyes: Some sand movement, but not allot.

randy
02-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA

coppercop
02-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks to all who said welcome! I'm new to detecting...I live on an 800 acre cattle ranch 3 miles up Western Sonoma Mountain(the city of Sonoma is about 18 miles East, as the crow flies, over the Mtn)...the ranch has a great history...many very old basalt rock walls line the area, from the old Mexican Land-Grant days, property lines, and, towards 1890-1910, many micro-quarries mined basalt to make pavers for the streets of San Francisco..they were hauled by oxen down to the Petaluma River, where they were shipped to the wharves by Fisherman's Wharf...Chinese laborer's worked the quarries, so, it would be neat to find some old coins from China....over on the hill across from my trailer is a site where a homesteader lived(fruit trees still standing), where he herded his sheep....my Landlord's kid & I dug last year,, and found 2 old leather shoes, tons of broken transfer-ware delft pottery pieces, old milk-glass spice jars, a Civil-War-era steel 3-leggeg stock-pot, but no coins.....were heading back tommorow for another round...will update....My next hunt is going to be Adobe creek, next to the Petaluma State Historic site, where hundreds of Indians lived at the adobe, learning trades once out of the local Missions...of course, it's illegal INSIDE the Park, so I'll be on the upper creek, outside the perimeter, hoping for obsidian, beads, coins, and anything else...always a possibility of Spanish Reales, with the Mexican/American connection. The next hunt is back to a beach, at low tide, as we have had enormous winter waves, and, lots of changing sands.
I'm banged up, and am getting a new hip in April, and have to use a cane, and can barely walk...but it CAN'T stop me!!! I'm determined to find the homesteader's secret stash of gold and silver coins! Anyone close by, feel free to chime in, and we'll buddy up.

randy
02-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Sounds like you have a huge, interesting area to detect that should keep you busy for quite some time. I hope you nail some awesome finds this year, and hope you post them. Good luck.

Cheap Thrills
02-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Welcome from another Californian . Your going to like it here .

angellionel
02-10-2012, 10:13 PM
A big welcome from Western MA! :beerbuddy:

jkress
02-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Welcome aboard from Iowa coppercop. Glad to have you here with us. :clapping:

Sounds like you have quite a bit of potential in your hunting grounds. I'm definitely looking forward to your posts. :->

Ill Digger
02-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Hey coppercop! :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:
I'm look forward to you engaging in the forum too. thumbsup01

JTGOLD
02-11-2012, 09:55 AM
welcome to the forum from central Illinois.

Tony Two-Cent
02-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist from central Illinois, Calvin!

I hope that California gold and Spanish silver finds its way under your search coil!

Glad to have you here!

OxShoeDrew
02-12-2012, 09:53 AM
I hope you get to post some extraordinary finds. Welcome from CT.

CTDirtFisher
02-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Welcome aboard... I look forward to see all the goodies you recover :-)

Paul

del
02-12-2012, 08:46 PM
hello Coppercop and welcome to the forum , the area your in is very interesting and hope you do well in the comming season . i'll be looking toward your posts , glad you could join us .

Dan