PDA

View Full Version : New to the E-trac

brother steve
02-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Hello Everyone, I just got my E-trac for Christmas and I am trying to fiquire it all out. I came from a dfx and this is way different. Had it out a few times and still trying to get a handle on it. I loaded a ttf program and found a nice indian. I am just going out when the weather is nice,so there is some time to learn. I have been reading all the posts here and learning a lot. Thanks for the info everyone! I have been reading Andy's book as well. I may ask some newb questions, but that's how you learn. I think the etrac is a good machine, I just have to learn it's language.

Ill Digger
02-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Hey Steve.
I have a DFX also and purchased a E-Trac as well. They are two different animals that's for sure. But in some aspects, the same. :yes:
From the way it sounds you've had your fair share of experience with multiple detectors. It's just a matter of time, and learning what the machine is trying to tell you. If you have any questions along the way there lots of info here on the forum from past members going through the same things you'll be encountering. So feel free to dig through the archives :interesting: Or if you have a specific question...fire away :yes:
That's what the forum is for! You never know. There maybe another member who's experiencing the same issues and we all can learn from the experience thumbsup01
Good to have ya aboard :)

randy
02-10-2012, 03:50 PM
There are plenty of E-Trac users on this forum, and Angel, the forum founder, has put up some settings that are awesome for parks and schools, and generally need only minor modifications depending on site.

The one overall piece of advice I can give (and I've also used the DFX and V3), is swing slower than with White's machines. If you get an iffy signal, work it real slow, and it will usually lock on if it is a silver. Good luck.

Big Boys Hobbies
02-14-2012, 10:33 AM
If your didn't get Andy Sabisch E-Trac book be sure to get it. Its a GREAT read! I always try to include one in my deals!