PDA

View Full Version : Got Permission

CODY
02-10-2012, 08:07 PM
I got permission from two different real estate companies this week. The first is a company that buys old houses and lots for back taxes. I have been noticing their signs while I have been on patrol. So today I called the number on the sign and got hold of a really nice lady. I told her what I wanted to do and she said no problem. She said she would send me a liability release form to sign in case I got hurt. I told her no problem. This company has a lot of the older houses in in the worse parts of town, which is where the town first started. Some empty lots too where houses once stood.

The second company owns a lot of the older houses in the next town over. I was hunting the lot where I found the WLH and noticed a lot of for sale signs on some old run down houses. We're talking about three blocks worth. Come to find out most are owned by one man. I called the number on the sign and got his secretary. Told her what I was doing. She told me she would call me back after she talked to boss. That was yesterday. Never heard anything from her. Late this evning she called me back and told me to have at it and have fun. She gave me her name and number in case anyone said anything to me.

Now you got to remember, I got permission to hunt all these properties and have never even laid eyes on these people. I will meet them sooner or later and shake their hands and thank them personally. Its not that hard. And always remember, the worse they can do is say no.

Cheap Thrills
02-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Nice work Cody . I know you're going to be posting some great finds .

Fire Fighter 43
02-11-2012, 02:16 PM
WTG on getting permission to hunt those old places. I'm sure I dont have to tell you this but be carefull in those rough neighbor hoods. Do you carry while your hunting?

CODY
02-12-2012, 04:19 AM
WTG on getting permission to hunt those old places. I'm sure I dont have to tell you this but be carefull in those rough neighbor hoods. Do you carry while your hunting?

Always! In my line of work you deal with the same 10% of the people 90% of the time. And this 10% know me very well. The one most very important thing to remember in these rough areas is that someone who wants to do you harm is looking for an easy target. Situation Awareness is the key. Never make yourself an easy target.

angellionel
02-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Man! That is awesome! You are going to have fun hunting those grounds. :happydance01: I can just imagine what you will be digging up. :drool: Keep us posted on what you find. :yes: