PDA

View Full Version : 11 Silver Coins + 2 Coppers

angellionel
02-10-2012, 09:43 PM
This coming Saturday I had planned to detect at the town green I had worked this past Tuesday (http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/showthread.php?8383-Silver-And-Wheat-Cents), but with 2 to 4 inches of snow being forecast for Saturday that plan had to be changed; so I hit the green today instead. :yes: It was fun detecting the site, until the temperature began to drop toward the end of the day. :frozen:

Anyway, before the cold drove me from the green I managed to dig up several keepers. In my pouch I had 11 silver coins, two large cents, a bunch of wheat cents and two Indian Head cents. :smitten:

This is my second Barber quarter from the site in as many hunts.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/February/1900_barberquarter_021012.jpg

I'm glad to have saved these from the clutches of the ground before the snow makes its way here. :happydance01:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/February/11_silvercoins_021012.jpg

Unfortunately, the soil there isn't kind to coppers. \:[ Still, it is always a pleasure to be able to dig up large cents, and these two are no exception. :yes:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/February/2_largecents_021012.jpg

The Indian Head cents too take beating in that soil, as do the wheat cents.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/February/ihandwheats_021012.jpg

Have a great and safe weekend everyone! I wish you all much success in your hunts. :beerbuddy:

Snapolson
02-10-2012, 10:29 PM
:omg: Amazing!! :perfect10:

starman2
02-10-2012, 11:19 PM
:omg: :wow: :perfect10:! What can we all say about this hunting trip? Awesome! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I have no words but Awesome! Congrats! On all the finds!

jkress
02-10-2012, 11:21 PM
http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2012/February/11_silvercoins_021012.jpg

This is a beautiful shot Angel. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: It's nice to see you back to your mega-silver hunts plus a couple of LC's too.
Don't get me wrong... I love finding IH's too. :yes: But a hunt like this would have me happy dancing all the way home. :daydream:

Congrats on digging all these before the snow showed up. Awesome hunt. <:

Cheap Thrills
02-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Awesome hunt and pictures Angel . It's great you were able to juggle your time to be able to get out and gather up the nice trophies .

Ill Digger
02-11-2012, 12:29 AM
:shocked01: :confused: I don't know how you do it Angel! :dontknow: lol
Thats just awesome! You just missed the Triple Tri-fecta by a lone Barber!! 8/ Thats just nuts! :shocked04: lol
But the Barber quarter more than makes up for that!! :yes: thumbsup01
Another one off the charts Angel! |:confused:)
Congrats!! :grin:

dave in iowa
02-11-2012, 02:12 AM
great as always Angel

CODY
02-11-2012, 03:56 AM
:wow: :wow: And more :wow:. WTG |:cheering: Excellent hunt. Love those Barbers! :perfect10: Congrats!

POKIE73
02-11-2012, 07:10 AM
like everybody said this was a fantastic hunt we would all love to have a day like that great hunt dennis

JTGOLD
02-11-2012, 09:57 AM
awsome day of hunting lots of nice silver,wtg.

Hook
02-11-2012, 10:18 AM
now THATS the Angel we all know and admire! good job rescuing all those poor defensless silvers from the cold dark ground. You dig silvers like a lot of us dig wheats lol
Good to see you had some detecting time for a change. If you're too busy to hunt...you're TOO BUSY!! rofl

randy
02-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Awesome hunt Angel :omg: Nice to see you posting those double digit silver days |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
02-11-2012, 11:11 AM
ELEVEN SILVERS! :wow:

And a nice variety of them too, not all Mercury Dimes. :yes:

That Barber Quarter is a beauty! Some natural wear on it but otherwise unblemished, and there's just something special about a coin dated 1900. :loveit:

I love the coppers too, even if they look like the ones we find here in central Illinois. lol crying01

Spectacular hunt as always, Angel! I hope to see many more hunts like this from you throughout the year! thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
02-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Angel, you are the man!! |:cheering: Congrats on a great hunt. Are you snowed in now? We are now in a deep freeze 15 * or less and we got 2 inches of snow on Friday. I guess it's time for some research.

angellionel
02-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Thank you for the generous comments everyone! :beerbuddy:

:omg: Amazing!! :perfect10:

:omg: :wow: :perfect10:! What can we all say about this hunting trip? Awesome! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I have no words but Awesome! Congrats! On all the finds!

Thanks! It was fun digging each of those coins. :smitten:

This is a beautiful shot Angel. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: It's nice to see you back to your mega-silver hunts plus a couple of LC's too.
Don't get me wrong... I love finding IH's too. :yes: But a hunt like this would have me happy dancing all the way home. :daydream:

Congrats on digging all these before the snow showed up. Awesome hunt. <:

Thanks Joe. thumbsup01 Yeah, there is something about a pile of old silver coins that just gets the adrenaline going. lol

Awesome hunt and pictures Angel . It's great you were able to juggle your time to be able to get out and gather up the nice trophies .

Thanks Sheik! I won't have many long detecting days this year, but I sure will try to make the best of what time I do have available. :yes:

:shocked01: :confused: I don't know how you do it Angel! :dontknow: lol
Thats just awesome! You just missed the Triple Tri-fecta by a lone Barber!! 8/ Thats just nuts! :shocked04: lol
But the Barber quarter more than makes up for that!! :yes: thumbsup01
Another one off the charts Angel! |:confused:)
Congrats!! :grin:

Believe me, I kept braving the rapidly dropping temperature in an attempt to find just one more Barber dime. rofl But the Barber quarter did make up for the missed triple trifecta. :yes:

:wow: :wow: And more :wow:. WTG |:cheering: Excellent hunt. Love those Barbers! :perfect10: Congrats!

Barbers are a lot of fun to find for sure. :yes: Thanks Cody!

like everybody said this was a fantastic hunt we would all love to have a day like that great hunt dennis

awsome day of hunting lots of nice silver,wtg.

Thank you guys! :beerbuddy:

now THATS the Angel we all know and admire! good job rescuing all those poor defensless silvers from the cold dark ground. You dig silvers like a lot of us dig wheats lol
Good to see you had some detecting time for a change. If you're too busy to hunt...you're TOO BUSY!! rofl

Thanks Hook. :embarrassed: I did have to beat the ground a bit for it to release its treasure. lol Thankfully it wasn't frozen though. :shocked04:stretcher:

Awesome hunt Angel :omg: Nice to see you posting those double digit silver days |:cheering:

Thanks Randy! I don't know if I'll get another chance for double digits, but I sure will remember this one for a while. :smitten:

ELEVEN SILVERS! :wow:

And a nice variety of them too, not all Mercury Dimes. :yes:

That Barber Quarter is a beauty! Some natural wear on it but otherwise unblemished, and there's just something special about a coin dated 1900. :loveit:

I love the coppers too, even if they look like the ones we find here in central Illinois. lol crying01

Spectacular hunt as always, Angel! I hope to see many more hunts like this from you throughout the year! thumbsup01

Yeah, I know what you mean. :yes: I do love those early dates, and it sure looks great on a Barber. :smitten: Thanks Tony. thumbsup01

Angel, you are the man!! |:cheering: Congrats on a great hunt. Are you snowed in now? We are now in a deep freeze 15 * or less and we got 2 inches of snow on Friday. I guess it's time for some research.

Thank you Jeff! thumbsup01 We were supposed to get about two or three inches of snow today, but we ended up with just a dusting during the morning hours. :yes: It is getting colder though, with temperatures heading into the low 20's. Your deep freeze and snow has me shivering though. :frozen: lol I hope it warms up soon for you. :yes:

Epi-hunter
02-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Yes, I should comment that about two hours after this hunt I asked him what he found and his first response was I don't remember. lol rofl rofl

Eleven silvers I would remember. A great hunt Angel, and the coppers as well. :perfect10:

angellionel
02-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Yes, I should comment that about two hours after this hunt I asked him what he found and his first response was I don't remember. lol rofl rofl

Eleven silvers I would remember. A great hunt Angel, and the coppers as well. :perfect10:

lol lol I know there was a large cent, a Barber dime, a quarter..... :thinkingabout: It was all a blur my friend. rofl

del
02-11-2012, 09:00 PM
great silver totals Angel :drool: :smitten: :smitten: its great to see you back in rare form again , big congrats . |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

angellionel
02-11-2012, 09:14 PM
great silver totals Angel :drool: :smitten: :smitten: its great to see you back in rare form again , big congrats . |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

Thanks Dan! :beerbuddy: It did feel good to detect for a little longer than has been usual now. :yes:

aloldstuff
02-12-2012, 02:38 PM
He's back, 11 silvers is fantastic. Something I can only dream of. Very nice hunting and congrats on all your keepers :perfect10:

two_bit_digger
02-13-2012, 08:43 AM
:shocked04: :shocked04:...:perfect10:

good lord, that is one sweet mess of silvers...and some nice copper to boot.
...all in one day!!

..we're not worthy...http://metaldetectingforum.com/images/smilies/bowdown.gifhttp://metaldetectingforum.com/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

Snapolson
02-22-2012, 10:03 PM
My Lord! That's just incredible! :omg: Great hunt!!