PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected surprise!!!!!!

coop
02-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Hit a few spots yesterday and found a couple keepers, But the highlight of the hunt was digging a ladies compact case and giving it a shake and thinking that its only a mirror inside and then opening it to find an Indian head cent in beautiful condition!!!!!! All I did to condition the Indian was soak it in warm lemon juice and blot it with a Q tip. Thanks for looking HH Video #10 for 2012, Live dig & Amazing dug coin!!!.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjpf44N-Yq8#)

JTGOLD
02-11-2012, 10:00 AM
nice silver and IH other neat finds too,wtg.

Hook
02-11-2012, 10:21 AM
wow! you finally did what i always hope for when i dig up a makeup case. you found a coin in it lol. too bad it wasnt a good silver, but that IH is in killer shape! congrats on the other goodies also . great hunt!

Tony Two-Cent
02-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Terrific hunt and great video! :clapping:

That Indian Head in the compact is really amazing! It cleaned up wonderfully. That was a really lucky find!

Lots of nice silver too, and I like that Indian Head + Buffalo coin spill. Great button and collar brass too!

Super hunt, Coop, thanks for sharing! thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
02-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Terrific hunt and great video! :clapping:

That Indian Head in the compact is really amazing! It cleaned up wonderfully. That was a really lucky find!

Lots of nice silver too, and I like that Indian Head + Buffalo coin spill. Great button and collar brass too!

Super hunt, Coop, thanks for sharing! thumbsup01

Tony pretty much said it all . All I can add is ..... great video and pic's and I sure wish my next hunt could be like that one . Nice work coop !!
Do use the 6x8 coil all the time?

Ill Digger
02-11-2012, 01:59 PM
lol :clapping: :clapping: Haha! I know I've wished and prayed pried lol for a old coin or two inside of one of those old compacts! :yes:
As I'm sure most who've found one has. But leave it to Coop to actually do it! 8/ :envious: lol
Coop, with you it's either rare or unusual. And here, you've got both in one find!! :yes:
Thats cool! :cool:
Congrats man! :grin:

Fire Fighter 43
02-11-2012, 02:31 PM
That's a cool story and find. I too have wished to find something inside one of those old compacts. So far it's only been dried up makeup or a broken mirror. Congrats on the other finds. The FD button looks like a Fire Department Dresss blues button, in my book that's a fantastic find. WTG

CODY
02-11-2012, 03:23 PM
:wow: That is one cool IH. Congrats on it and the silver. Great finds. |:cheering:

two_bit_digger
02-11-2012, 04:27 PM
wow..that IH looks like it came out of a time capsule... (is there such a thing as a time compact?? lol)

nice finds!!! :perfect10:

aloldstuff
02-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Copop, thanks for the video. Glad to see that you finally got a coin out of a compact. Very nice hunt and congrats on your keepers.

mike l
02-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Every time I find a compact, my hope is that it holds some coins. That Indian was preserved beautifully :perfect10:. Congrats on the silver too :beerbuddy:

DirtFisher
02-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Awesome hunt. I found a copper compact yesterday in the water but no coins in it. :eyebrow: WTG! :perfect10:

tanacat
02-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Awesome find!!! :clapping: I have found quite a few little compacts /containers like that - opened with anticipation of finding a coin (or few) being inside lol but has always broken mirror...

Congrats- that IH is amazing good condition!

skrapman
02-13-2012, 06:02 PM
great finds coop. I too have found a bunch of compacts and never a coin inside. crying01 congrats.