PDA

View Full Version : New to this Forum from SW Virginia

DaugBiscuit
02-13-2012, 01:12 AM
My name is Don. Recently I followed a link during a topic discussion on another forum and it brought me to American Detectorist.

I hunted for years with a Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and then I got serious and got a Minelab Safari. Then in October last year I purchased an Explorer SE Pro and haven't had enough good weather to hunt before winter set in but I do get out whenever the opportunity permits - but, I am still learning the SE Pro. I've dug a lot of clad with the SE, a dozen or so wheats, a '43 merc, and a '41 quarter - I have a ways to go to compare to most of you here, but, maybe 2012 will present more opportunities and the SE.

I just wanted to jump in here and introduce myself and hopefully glean for the experience of others from time-to-time.

My name is Don and besides metal detecting I am an avid cyclist, both the mountain bike and the road bike.

HH to you all,
Don

del
02-13-2012, 03:33 AM
hello Don and welcome to the forum , the SE pro is a great machine and i'm sure the silver will show up soon. glad you found us and i wish you the best this year .

Dan

aloldstuff
02-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Welcome from western MA. glad you followed that link and found us. Looking forward to you posts. I have been seeing a lot of good finds being made with the SE pro.

CODY
02-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Hello Don. Welcome from Mississippi. Glad you found us and will be looking forward to your post and finds. I like the bikes myself. Have a Trek Hybrid and a Trek road. The bad thing.... got started in MDing May 2011. So addictive I have neglected the bikes. I can tell it too! Got to get back on them. Good luck and HH.

Ill Digger
02-13-2012, 10:30 AM
My name is Don. ...
I just wanted to jump in here and introduce myself and hopefully glean for the experience of others from time-to-time.
We're glad you did Don :groovy:
Thats what the forum is about. Learning and sharing :yes:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:

tanacat
02-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi & welcome to the forum from Kentucky :groovy: Glad you found your way over to AD :)

Looking forward to seeing some of your finds.

JTGOLD
02-13-2012, 11:17 AM
welcome to the forum from Illinois.

Fire Fighter 43
02-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Welcome To the forum Don from SE Wisconsin. Good Luck and HH in 2012.

randy
02-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. I've read the SE Pro is a silver magnet, good luck with it.

Tony Two-Cent
02-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the forum, Don, from central Illinois! Glad to have you here. :clapping:

jkress
02-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist Don. :clapping: Glad you found us.

It's nice to have another Explorer SE Pro user here. :yes: I swing the same machine. You will have a good time with it
if you invest the time. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about the SE. I'd be more than happy to share
my experiences with it.

Lowjiber
02-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada.

I played some golf down your way last summer. If you cycle those hills, you're in shape. |:cheering:

DaugBiscuit
02-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Thank you all for the nice warm welcome, and yes 'Lowjiber', I do cycle in those hills you speak about. There is a great golf course just a mile from my house, Draper Valley Golf Course. A young course but maturing nicely; long greens and plenty of water.

I got out yesterday and found a dime at 10½ inches with the SE Pro. That's not bad for what is considered to be hot soil in Virginia. Solid repeating hit all the way round (not silver though).

Don

DaugBiscuit
02-15-2012, 09:54 AM
It's nice to have another Explorer SE Pro user here. :yes: I swing the same machine. You will have a good time with it
if you invest the time. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about the SE. I'd be more than happy to share
my experiences with it.

Hi jkress........ Thanks and yes it is nice to see another Explorer SE Pro user. Before I joined this group I looked for posts relating to the Explorer but found very few--most were old posts. It appeared to me from looking through the 'Minlab forum pages that everyone is swinging the E-trac and I was thinking just maybe I need to get one too :)

OxShoeDrew
02-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Don, glad you joined the forum. My wife is also a cyclist, she uses a Bella LightSpeed and does a few races a year. I could have bought two of the most expensive MDers for the price of that bike lol.
I look forward to your posts, Drew