PDA

View Full Version : 2/13/12 hunt

skrapman
02-13-2012, 05:51 PM
What do you do when work gets cancelled at the last minute? Why go detecting. Here are my finds from a cellar hole that I kept
putting off because it is so close to the road I thought for sure someone would have hit it. The very first target was the 1837 LC.
I found my first complete drawer pull, i know it has a technical name but it escapes me.A few musket balls and some buckles and
the usuall shot gun shells finished the day off. I did find my lucky horse shoe but i dont know if it is for today or the next time I hunt
there. It was one of the last items found. I did go scouting up the abandoned road because there is another cellar hole listed on the map. I did find a rustic looking cellar hole but it was devoid of any targets. It might not be the house because there is no trash
what-so ever. Next time I go it will be a weekend so my hunting buddy can go. I feel a little bad going there without him. I still cant
believe we are woods hunting in mid feb. thanks all for looking and reading my rambling. mike

CODY
02-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Very nice finds. Congrats! |:cheering:

aloldstuff
02-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Work cancelled, no doubt, go metal detecting. Nice LC and I am by no means an expert but I think the drawer pull is a Chippendale style brass. Is it made of brass?? Congrats on some nice hunting.

Fire Fighter 43
02-13-2012, 08:56 PM
WTG |:cheering: nice hunt!! Any day detecting is better than the best day at work. HH

skrapman
02-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Work cancelled, no doubt, go metal detecting. Nice LC and I am by no means an expert but I think the drawer pull is a Chippendale style brass. Is it made of brass?? Congrats on some nice hunting.

Yes it is brass, I dinged it on the back side.Didn't realize it was a two piece target.

Ill Digger
02-14-2012, 09:13 AM
What do you do when work gets cancelled at the last minute? Why go detecting.
Well of course....what else is there? :dontknow: lol
Looks like you were right in your decision too! :yes: thumbsup01 Lots of cool finds! :yes:
And to pop out a LC on the first hole!.....Well now you know you made the right decision! :yes: <:
:thinkingabout: Thats a interesting horse shoe. Thats the first shoe I've seen thats not open in the rear :confused: Weird.
I'll have to ask my cousin about those. He's a horse shoe-er... :confused:....also known as a farrier. :yes: lol
Good call. thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

OxShoeDrew
02-14-2012, 08:04 PM
What's that second thing down? Looks like a suspender clip but i've never seen one like that. Those pointy things look old. :confused:
I hope there is more swingable area there. Congrats and good luck.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-15-2012, 08:18 AM
What's that second thing down? Looks like a suspender clip but i've never seen one like that. Those pointy things look old. :confused:

yep that's a suspender buckle 1860ish.they made so many different ones..ya hardly ever find 2 alike. cool it still has the ring attached.nice hunt! and with targets like that laying around if someone did hit it before they did a lousy job :rolleyes:

skrapman
02-15-2012, 07:48 PM
.I do believe they are a type of suspender clip. I'm surprised you being from NE Conn you havent come across any.Ive
many over the years, usually without the ring.