PDA

View Full Version : Penny Trifecta and other cool finds!

Snapolson
02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
This is my first penny trifecta! Found them this morning on a hunt before a dentist appointment. The Indian is the nicest shape one I've seen. :wow: I'm hoping to get the rest of the dirt off, but it's on there pretty good.

Later, on the way home from the dentist I tried out a park in New Haven that I've only walked around in before back in the summer.

Got the nickel, penny, and two New Haven dog tags there. One is 1926 and the other is 1927. Cool! happydance02 The metal disc rang up as copper but I have no idea what it could be. Any ideas??

Thanks for looking and happy hunting everyone!!

POKIE73
02-13-2012, 07:06 PM
funny the indian looks to be a lot better shape than the new one and it is 120 years old nice finds dennis

aloldstuff
02-13-2012, 07:16 PM
The IH has some great detail on it. Just a suggestion, start soaking it in olive oil. Leaveit in for about 2 days then use a toothpick to dislodge the dirt. I have cleaned up several IH's that way and they came out great. So you were in New Haven and only got 1 bullet and two shells......

CODY
02-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Great finds. Wonderful IH. Congrats |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
02-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Congrats on some nice finds and your first penny trifecta. WTG |:cheering:

JTGOLD
02-13-2012, 11:18 PM
very nice finds,wtg.

Ill Digger
02-14-2012, 01:56 AM
Looks like time well spent! |:cheering: Not quite the penny tri-fecta I was imagining. :poke: but...... lol
Yeah, :yes: with a little attention, that IH should clean up pretty nice. thumbsup01
But I like the dog tags!! :drool: Being that old I'm surprised they aren't stamped DOG TAX :confused:
Usually the older dog tags were stamped as they really are . A tax. :hairpulling: DOG TAX.
When they're stamped accordingly, then those are the ones I like. :yes: lol
The vaccination/ rabies tags and the plain'ol dog TAG :rolleyes:...well..... :tongue: :thumbsdown: lol But I still keep'em all anyways. :rolleyes: 8/ lol
Nice hunt!
Congrats! :grin:

Tony Two-Cent
02-14-2012, 06:56 AM
That's a really sharp Indian Head with great detail, and it looks like it might clean up better. A nice date too, we rarely find ones from the 1880s here in Illinois.

Congrats on the finds! :clapping:

starman2
02-14-2012, 01:41 PM
:perfect10:! Congrats on some nice finds! :cheering: