PDA

View Full Version : Indian Bracelet

CODY
02-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Found this today. About 4 deep. It is positive for sterling silver. There are no marks on the inside of the bracelet. Weighs 32.6 Grams as is. Turquoise is pretty faded, been in the ground a long time. Someone mentioned that since it was not marked it was probably made before 1906. Pretty sure it was made by Native Americans. Wondering how to find out for sure what tribe and roughly when. Any help would be appreceated. Thanks.

Epi-hunter
02-13-2012, 07:54 PM
I can't help with the ID, but that is an amazing find. Congratulations!!!

del
02-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Cody both the stones are turquoise cabochons (polished round semi-precious stones) , though they are a little pale from being in the ground and are the traditional stones used with southwestern jewelry . definately silver and since it was probably made from a native american indian or on a reservation they really didn't have to conform with the government standards to put a sterling or .925 mark on it but they usually put somekind of personal mark or motif on it somewhere . that and the style alone would usually be enough to let someone know who made it . its a great piece congrats on finding a good one . |:cheering: |:cheering:

Dan

rsarge1
02-13-2012, 09:35 PM
awesome wtg :perfect10:

aloldstuff
02-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Cody, when I first saw this in the other thread, I wondered what tribe made this. Hope you can get an answer.