For I too wish to hunt again
Patience is a virtue some will say
But I can’t wait for the hunting day
When the grass is green and the Sun is bright
And once again we restore to light
Treasures lost now found anew
Presented to all in a grand debut
Winter’s here making spirits glum
But hope is there for the Spring to come.

aloldstuff
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Very nice Bell-two, is that an original by you?

Tony Two-Cent
02-14-2012, 10:21 AM
I love it! :yes:

Very well written, Tony! thumbsup01

Bell-Two
02-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Very nice Bell-two, is that an original by you?

Yep I do a bit of poetry writing.

Fire Fighter 43
02-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Very nice!! It is so cool how all of us in this hobby have the same thoughts. Thanks for putting it so poetically.

CyberSage
02-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Spectacular! I have a hunch you have many nice poems in your collection. Metal detecting is not the only talent you have Bell-Two. I wonder if your forum name has it's origins in Edgar Allen Poe, or may be a reference to a naval ship?

Ill Digger
02-15-2012, 10:17 PM
:clapping: I love it!! :smitten:
I don't know how you guys do that. But ... keep'em comin'! :-> :drool:

Bell-Two
02-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Spectacular! I have a hunch you have many nice poems in your collection. Metal detecting is not the only talent you have Bell-Two. I wonder if your forum name has it's origins in Edgar Allen Poe, or may be a reference to a naval ship?

Ah Jack you must be a man of literature to make that leap but no it comes from our home town Bellbrook and that my wife is a detectorist too. So hence we are the Bell-Two! Odd thing I picked that name in hope she would join me in this hobby but at first she was not too interested, took her out for a few hunts letting her use my old Ace 250 and she found a few things and was happy but the day I think she turned the corner was when she called to me I think I found a token or Canadian she brought it over for me to see and to my suprise and her great suprise it was a 1908 Barber Dime, found in a spot that is notoriously parsimonious on giving up keepers. That did the trick I think!

Digger
02-28-2012, 11:29 PM
A Winter View, I liked that Bell- Two
Can't wait for Summer
Detecting in Winters a bummer !!
Whata ya think Bell-Two do I have a chance or should I just stick to detecting ? lol

Bell-Two
02-29-2012, 08:22 AM
A Winter View, I liked that Bell- Two
Can't wait for Summer
Detecting in Winters a bummer !!
Whata ya think Bell-Two do I have a chance or should I just stick to detecting ? lol

Well you made a start
And if it comes from your heart
That is the spirit of a poem

Your rhyme is good
And well understood
Worthy of inclusion in a tome!

Digger
02-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks Bell-Two, have a Great Day !!!

tanacat
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Have to bump this thread :yes: I'm glad I happened upon it :groovy:

Thanks for sharing- you're a great writer! I remember others you've written.

whammy
03-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks Bell-Two for the thoughts. It does ring true. Last wednesday we hit 65 degrees here in central N.Y. I just had to try and get out. January 7th I broke my leg, and had a partial hip replacement. If I put my pinpointer in my left rear pocket without turning it off, I get a beep. Anyway, I had to try the new hip out, so I hit a school that had closed down for about 2 hours and ended up with about a buck in clad. I had to carry a 3 foot hunk of wood to help me get down to dig, and to push off of to get up, but I did it. The docs told me I couldn't detect till june or july but I just couldn't wait that long, and I'm not telling them I did either. ;)

Bell-Two
03-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks Bell-Two for the thoughts. It does ring true. Last wednesday we hit 65 degrees here in central N.Y. I just had to try and get out. January 7th I broke my leg, and had a partial hip replacement. If I put my pinpointer in my left rear pocket without turning it off, I get a beep. Anyway, I had to try the new hip out, so I hit a school that had closed down for about 2 hours and ended up with about a buck in clad. I had to carry a 3 foot hunk of wood to help me get down to dig, and to push off of to get up, but I did it. The docs told me I couldn't detect till june or july but I just couldn't wait that long, and I'm not telling them I did either. ;)

Dont over do, I had a full hip replacement in Feb I sent you a PM

POKIE73
03-11-2012, 07:26 AM
that was a nice poem hope you recover soon as i miss seeing your videos dennis