PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Of Finds And A Note OF Thanks

Bell-Two
02-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Here is a short video of last few hunts before I go into surgery Wed Feb 15th for a hip replacement. Clips are of finding silver quarter and old token and a view of winter coming into the Ohio Valley. Also pictured is a lightning rod insulator it looks as if it went through a fire...or pehaps deflected a lightning strike. These are found quite often around older home sites, this is the second one I have found that still had glass in it, I have found several of the metal holders without the glass. Thank everyone who has expressed their concerns and best wishes for my recovery I have felt everyone of those expressions and feel covered by your prayers!

Hunting With Bell-Two #85 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYa0IW3MMI#ws)

aloldstuff
02-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Good luck on your surgery and have a speedy recovery. Do the excercises......thanks for posting the video. Hopefully you'll be back before May.

starman2
02-14-2012, 01:40 PM
|:cheering: Congrats on the silver quarter! And hope the surgery goes well for you. And you will be back out hunting by spring. Take care, and good luck! :groovy:

JTGOLD
02-14-2012, 04:41 PM
nice silver and token,I wish you the best of luck on your surgery and a fast recovery,great video.

randy
02-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Good luck on the surgery, and here is to a fast recovery.

Fire Fighter 43
02-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Congrats on a good hunt and here's wishing you a quick recovery. I just finished with my rehab after shoulder surgery so I know the feeling. Remember to take it easy coming back and listen to your therapist, good luck.

angellionel
02-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Another fun hunt for sure. :clapping: I wish you a quick recovery Tony! Take care of yourself, and I hope to again soon see you digging up more treasures. :yes:

CODY
02-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Congrats on some sweet finds. I wish you a speedy recovery! Don't rush things!

BOWSER
02-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Best of luck Jim

whammy
02-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Good luck with your surgery Bell-two. I just went through the same thing, only mine was a half. I snapped my leg bone so they gave me a new ball and about 6 inches of steel rod in my leg. Just take your time and do the exercises that they give you. You will be good to go very soon. I had the operation January 6th, and the docs told me I can be out tectin by the end of June, although I think I'm gonna move it up alittle. Let us know how you make out, and be careful.

POKIE73
02-14-2012, 09:47 PM
nice finds looks like you got one last hunt under your belt i wish you a speedy recovery i think your videos are some of the best look forward to your return dennis

li tom
02-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Best wishes and a speedy recovery. :groovy:

Ill Digger
02-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Tony, well it's good to see that you were able snag a couple of nice keepers before your surgery :yes: thumbsup01
I know it's gonna be hard to keep you down. But like some of the others have said, take your time, listen to the doc, take the right steps and you'll be swingin' and diggin' deep silvers again before you know it! :yes: thumbsup01
I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery my friend :beerbuddy:
We'll say a little prayer for ya tonight. Good luck today with the surgery.
We'll try and keep things fresh for ya while your on the mend buddy. thumbsup01 lol

two_bit_digger
02-15-2012, 07:44 AM
WOW..hip replacement doesn't sound too fun. I hope your surgery goes well and your recovery is quick!! Hopefully your doc will agree that MDing is better than seeing a therapist.

...and here i was feeling sorry for myself after going through recent carpal tunnel surgery on both hands.. :rolleyes:

Bell-Two
02-15-2012, 09:15 AM
WOW..hip replacement doesn't sound too fun. I hope your surgery goes well and your recovery is quick!! Hopefully your doc will agree that MDing is better than seeing a therapist.

...and here i was feeling sorry for myself after going through recent carpal tunnel surgery on both hands.. :rolleyes:

Well carpal tunnel surgery is no piece of cake either, my friend Terry aka Goes4ever had it done on his right hand and I know he had a lot of pain with it doing rehab. I hope you are getting better soon. I should be able to resume MDing as soon as I finish rehab of course with special precautions.

Ytcoinshooter
02-15-2012, 01:54 PM
All the best for a speedy recovery. Mind your orthopedic surgeon's instructions for post op :angelic:precautions. One of the few times I can actually say to someone I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Having had both hips replaced 2 1/2 years apart it gave me back my ability / mobility.
Oh yeah, really nice finds from your last digs. I really like tokens, often fun to research them.
HH-Bruce

Tony Two-Cent
02-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I hope that your surgery went well and that you're already on the road to recovery, Tony! They are doing wonders with this type of procedure these days, and the recovery time seems to be reasonable. I'm sure you will be back out there making great finds and videos in no time!

wild willy
02-16-2012, 02:41 AM
hey tony! i had both my hips replaced in 2007. its the best thing ive ever done. i can run around and do circles with a heavy 12inch coil now. good luck and it will make detecting easier without the pain. willy