PDA

View Full Version : Woodstock, CT II

CTDirtFisher
02-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Hello all!

I'm heading back to Woodstock, CT again this Sunday... I can accomidate a few that want to come and hunt :-) Its 80 Acres with lots of goodies unearthed...

PM me, Email Me, Call me (860.389.3524)...

Paul

del
02-15-2012, 04:09 PM
hey Paul what time Sunday ?? i may join you for a few hours .

Dan

aloldstuff
02-15-2012, 04:17 PM
hey Paul what time Sunday ?? i may join you for a few hours .

Dan

Dan, we just might meet up this Sunday.....

CTDirtFisher
02-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Bruce is in ! :-) Dan what is good for you other than OOOOOH-DARK-Thirty-AM :huh: :-)

del
02-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Bruce is in ! :-) Dan what is good for you other than OOOOOH-DARK-Thirty-AM :huh: :-)

Paul what ever time is good , it will just be a few hour hunt for me as i have to work sunday night. (third shift :hairpulling: >happydance02

Dan

CTDirtFisher
02-15-2012, 06:01 PM
How about 9 @ DD just before the Fair Grounds ??

Bruce can you do 9 ??

That way we can hunt from 9:30-4pm...

So..

Paul / Al / Bruce / Tim / Dan / ??

We can do one more... who's in ??

Paul

Ytcoinshooter
02-15-2012, 06:09 PM
I can do 9:00. The D-n-D that's on 169? I know where the road is you mention the site is located on. I'll just be going I84 to Rt. 197 to 169. Then the dunkin (i guess) is either left or right (north or south) from where 197 & 169 intersect. :interesting:
This will be fun! I get to meet aoldstuff, we swapped a couple of messages sometime back. Paul and talked briefly in October in Wethersfield. Good people + good fun = intangible rewards.
Thank you Paul

aloldstuff
02-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Can't wait to meet everybody on Sunday.

CTDirtFisher
02-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Dunkin' Donuts
325 Woodstock Avenue, Putnam, CT
(860) 963-7742

We'll meet here and be ready to head to the site @ 9am... We sound be swinging by 9:30 am... I plan on hunting till 4pm...

Still room for one more...
Paul

Ytcoinshooter
02-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Paul, thanks for the address. Ok, I see the D-n-D is on rt.171 so I could take exit 73 (I84) and go Rt 190 to rt 171.
Just over 67 miles. No sweat, a low volume traffic time to travel. I'm still marveling at how we can dig this time if year. Guess mother nature is giving us a pass after the snows and misery of last winter.
HH!

del
02-18-2012, 05:13 PM
hey Paul is there anyway i can just meet you at the site instead ( outside the gate of course) ?? i prominse i won't clean up on all them coppers before ya get there ;) ;) lol lol

CTDirtFisher
02-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Dan we'll meet you @ the site... no worries there... we should be there 9:15ish...

Fire Fighter 43
02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Good Luck with your hunt today, looking forward to your finds post.

Ytcoinshooter
02-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Was a fun time - though there never seems to be enough time :girlcry:. Heck, I like just getting to talk to the guys. Meeting Al & Tim was great, i think we gotta do this more. Paul. Thank you for the invite. I'm still on my way home after stopping to try a little shooting. I'll clean up the finds and try to get a good shot posted.
Be back later!

MassDirtFisher
02-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks Paul for the Invite and hunt. Lots and lots of ground to cover there, we only scratched the surface. Was a pleasure to meet you and Bruce. Nice to see Dan again as well, and swing with my buddy Al. No great finds, but it sure was an adventure. Hope we can all meet up again and swing some dirt poles together. Happy Hunting!!

aloldstuff
02-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Paul, can't say enough for the invite. It was great meeting you, Dan, and Bruce. Even though the finds for me were nil, I would love to get together again. That site has some history and I sure would like to grab some of it. By the way County Rd did meet up where I suspected it would.

Ytcoinshooter
02-20-2012, 11:15 AM
I still had some time and energy when we parted to stop on the way home to coinshoot for about two hours. Nothing special found at the park I stopped at: 1910 cent, $1.15 in clad and a rabies tag from 2002.
Cleaned up the finds from Woodstock and I'll try and get a clear pic posted soon. Total from there: 1 KG copper no readable date. 1 Copper made into an old button. 3 musket balls, 1 percussion cap (pretty sure), one small flat button with shank.
I was about to change coils / maybe detectors ( Sov GT) and try a different approach. The V3i was a pleasure to use there and worked well with all the iron in the ground. The 10x12 SEF gave me good coverage but I honk I was hearing more edge effect from big iron compared to what the 10DD does. I ran pretty hot but stable by keeping the gain around 5 & 6 but the sens was 76 all metal and 92 disc. Trac was locked and my GB offset was 1.Ground filter was 5kHz high pass, the ground read -70 at roughly 6 to 7% mineralization.
If we ever get the invite to return that would be sweet. Having now worked it a little on the site and getting a feel for the soil and target responses will help in the future. Yesterday I stopped a couple of times and just stared at expansive acreage we were on. Thanks again Paul.
Today is a day off for work so I'm busy packing for Mexico. Tuesday while at work I'll have time to get some pics with my camera and te should look better than phone pictures.
HH - Bruce

del
02-20-2012, 12:06 PM
hey Paul thanks for the invite , it was a beautiful day here for mid Febuary and the fields were pretty soft to dig . i had alot of high end targets screaming like coins but unfortunately only one was a good one (1892 Indian) . it was sure nice to see Bruce and Tim again , Tim its been too long and i hope it won't be that long until we get out again and i finally got to meet another member of the staff Al , it was a very nice pleasure sir.

Dan

OxShoeDrew
02-20-2012, 03:37 PM
I wish I could have joined you all, but I had to accompany my wife to a cat show in NH :-\
She said, You must really :smitten: me. She's right.
I'm glad you all had fun. |:cheering:

fsa46
02-20-2012, 03:56 PM
It's great to get together with a group like that. I'm glad all had a good time, some I know and I look forward to meeting the ones I don't .