PDA

View Full Version : A new park gives me a new first!

Jason in Enid
02-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Today I was in a small nearby town for business. I decided to hit the park just to see what was there. I didn't have any hopes of anything old, but thought I might find some good clad and hopefully a ring.

It didn't take long at all to hit a brand new first for me! Sadly it was the only thing old I found in my short hunt, but it was a wandering hunt so tomorrow I will start gridding it out.

First Febuary silver is a new fisrt for me! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr2WSIMw80M#ws)

Right as I dug my silver, a friend stopped by to chat. Turns out he and another friend live there in the town. He told me all about what USED to be there. What streets were the old ones, that the building across the street used to be the town grocery AND bank and the old church that used to sit on the corner a few hundred feet away.

I had never hunted this town before, but I will be back....a lot!

Tony Two-Cent
02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Congrats on your first Barber Quarter, Jason! Very cool! :perfect10:

I hope it is the first of many for you! That park might hold lots of goodies! :yes:

Great video too, it was nice to see the Barber Quarter come out of the fresh plug.

Good job! :clapping:

CODY
02-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Congrats on one sweet find. |:cheering: Love those Barbers! HH

JTGOLD
02-15-2012, 07:39 PM
nice barber and nice video too,wtg.

Fire Fighter 43
02-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Congrats on a first!! |:cheering: If your only going to only find one thing that's a what you want a sweet Barber quarter. Good luck tommoro and HH

Big Boys Hobbies
02-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Nice job Jason! Very cool Barber! Gotta be more!

Ill Digger
02-15-2012, 11:08 PM
What a nice surprise that turned out to be!! :shocked04:stretcher: thumbsup01
Good luck when you go back. Who knows whats still layin' around there watin' for ya! :drool:
Nice find!
Congrats!! :grin:

Cheap Thrills
02-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Great find Jason . Your video put me right there at the hunt with you . It was exciting to see the Barber emerge after the submerge . Those Barber quarters sure don't pop up too often ( at least not for me anyway ) . Looks like you've found a great place with a lot of potential . I wish you the best of luck there . |:cheering:

aloldstuff
02-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Nothing like getting a first. Congrats on the quarter, as you were washing it I kept trying to ID it but couldn't until you actually showed it. Excellent video and hoping you can find some more keepers at this park.

randy
02-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Those barbers are fun finds, aren't they? Congrats.

POKIE73
02-16-2012, 07:50 AM
way to go on your first barber quater you will never forget it but you will always be looking for another good luck in your quest great finds dennis

Snapolson
02-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Great silver!

dperrott
02-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Nice find. Lookin to find my first barber as well. Congrats!