PDA

View Full Version : 1787 CONNECTICUT COPPER

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-15-2012, 07:43 PM
decided to head up to another site that gave up 2 King georges in the past(Forino and myself both got one on pervious hunts).
alot of iron and only one good target from this cellar hole.a 1787 CT copper coin.headed back down the trail and spent the rest of daylight at a old house at the bottom of the old dirt road.4 wheaties,a few buttons and a clover ash tray.thought for sure more coins and buttons would pop out from this cellar hole using the relic mode over the jewelery/beach mode but it didn't happen.

skrapman
02-15-2012, 08:01 PM
nice finds. I have such a hard time iding a conn copper from a king george,their usually pretty beat.I like the crotal bell and the
ash try. Dug quite a few nails I see. :hairpulling: Are you removing signals or does you machine sound off on them? Thanks for the pictures
of the old road and woods. I enjoy searching for cellar holes almost as much as hunting them. thanks for sharing, mike

OxShoeDrew
02-15-2012, 08:16 PM
My first large copper was a Conn....I remember being sooo excited. I bet you don't even remember your first large copper. :)

Fire Fighter 43
02-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Congrats on a nice old copper !!! 1700's WTG

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
My first large copper was a Conn....I remember being sooo excited. I bet you don't even remember your first large copper. :)

thanks Drew! yeah i remember my 1st copper.was in 1990 at a colonial home in upstate ny.a gorgeous AU 1801 draped bust.i sold it for $30 back then to buy a case of beer.i still kick myself to this day for doing that >:tongue:

Cheap Thrills
02-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Congratulations on another mouth watering find .

Ill Digger
02-16-2012, 01:47 AM
thought for sure more coins and buttons would pop out from this cellar hole using the relic mode over the jewelery/beach mode but it didn't happen.
Look on the bright side. It found one thats been missed a time or two. Plus, you know how it is, you could go back there next week, hit in a different direction and find even more goodies :yes: You just never know :drool:
Nice finds Dave!
Congrats! :grin:
Great site shots too! thumbsup01

CODY
02-16-2012, 04:01 AM
Nice Copper, great hunt, congrats!

aloldstuff
02-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Great pictures of the site. Congrats on another copper. How could anyone forget there 1st copper? LOL