PDA

View Full Version : reale i think ?

lee
02-16-2012, 02:00 PM
ive got no idear what size a half real is but i think i found one.
been back over to the little plot of land that me and larry have been hitting and found another copper (12 now from the same piece of land ) a buffalo nickle with the date of 1936 and this little silver coin ?.
tiny bit bigger than the capped half dime i found and only 20 feet away from it !!!!.
i can pick out a 2 up in the left hand corner and a small bit of a male bust but thats it.......any idears ?

do you think any one would notice if i kidnapped del and hid him in my basement so i could just pull him out
when i cant i.d a coin :huh::huh: :yes:

http://i40.tinypic.com/35086k3.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/vkn02.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/14ctp2o.jpg

aloldstuff
02-16-2012, 02:05 PM
No need to kidnap Del, he's always about on the forum. Sorry I can't help with the Id but I am sure someone will chime in.

lee
02-16-2012, 02:11 PM
it might be getting better , ive just looked on the back of the buffalo and it looks like its a 3 leg.....omg.
is it the back leg farthest away that is ment to be the half leg ? if so i think i have it and its worth a mint...bloody hell !!!!!!!

del
02-16-2012, 03:03 PM
hello Lee wow your field is a great productive area |:cheering: |:cheering:, if the silver coin is about the size of a modern dime and almost paper thin its more than likely a spanish half reale ( worth 6 1/4 cents back then and a lot of money to lose at once) if you can make out any image like a bust of a ruler than it would be 1758 and newer and no bust would make it older . wish i could be more help and congrats again .

Dan

lee
02-16-2012, 03:37 PM
its paper thin del and once again your on the ball. thanks mate your a diamond

randy
02-16-2012, 04:43 PM
If its a 36D, its supposed to be 3 1/2 legs. Maybe you can give us a close up pic of the back :poke: :yes:

lee
02-16-2012, 04:58 PM
sorry i ment 3 and a half........ill take a pic now

Fire Fighter 43
02-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Great hunt!! You have a nice productive site, good luck on your return trips.

JTGOLD
02-16-2012, 11:13 PM
nice finds but the 3 legged buff nic is a 1937-D and it is the front leg that is missing,it is in the red book with a pic of it.

Tony Two-Cent
02-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Glad to see you back at it with your new coil, Lee! I can't make heads or tails of that Half Reale but it's definitely still a very cool old silver coin!

Looks like you're picking up right where you left off, finding great coins! thumbsup01

coinhunter
02-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Hey mate I think you have hit a forgotten cache that has been spread all over the ground for one reason or another . I hit a soccer field two years ago in a old town finding similar finds. With a little research I found out original there was an old 1800 farm house on that land. The house was at some point knocked down and the field was farmed until 1985. Then the field farm was graded and a soccer field was put in. I just assume it was a hidden cache that was now spread all over the place. Sounds like you guys have come across the same thing. One thing, some coins could be very deep.You may have to work slow and listen for faint signals or better yet give me a call and I'll be right up.

lee
02-23-2012, 11:29 PM
number 14 and 15 coppers came out over the last two days coinhunter as well as a 1919 wheat 3 musket balls and the coolest bit of what i think is an ornate brass box...ive got two bits of it now so i think you maybe right about a cache.
as ive said your welcome any time just give larry a tinkle on the blower and tell him whan your coming up, im off tomorow and saturday so if you fancy it get ya ass up here mate.
i want del or angel to hit this to coz i think thay will find a mint.

POKIE73
02-24-2012, 06:55 AM
great finds and congrats on the half reale plus the buff could be a grea find let us know dennis