PDA

View Full Version : Hunted Yesterday, Got Gold. Sorta, Anyhow.

M-Taliesin
02-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Howdy Folks!
My day started out with a trip to my local metal detecting headquarters over in Golden.
Ran into CyberSage over there, and he told me all about this here forum, so I went off
and joined up after my hunting day. I picked up a few goodies there, then headed down
to meet up with another fellow to hunt for a wedding ring set with engagement ring that
some woman lost on a really huge sledding hill. Figured to use my new Bigfoot coil on my
MXT to cover a great deal of ground in the least amount of time.

So I headed down to Littleton, and it was flat-out cold there, and there was plenty of
snow on the ground. We spent a couple of hours working the hill, but never found our
target. We hoped we'd find it so we could get it back to the lady who lost it.

After that, I headed east. As I drove along, the snow got less and less, and the temperature got warmer. By the time I got to my next location in southern Denver,
it was much more pleasant to hunt. I visited several school locations and didn't find
much of consequence. The best was a necklace stamped 14kt GP. The odd find of
the day was a 25 centavo coin from Guatamala. We don't see many of them around
these parts.

Anyhow, I've got pictures to share, so hope you find them enjoyable.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin
02-28-2010, 11:02 AM
More Photos

coinnut
02-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Not a bad hunt. All of that clad does add up. I remember a guy who used to save all his clad and at the end of the year spent them at a coin shop. His choice was always a different gold coin. :yes: Ten years doing that and he had about 13 gold coins I believe. Some people opt for silver if they don't find much clad. So keep finding that clad!!

M-Taliesin
03-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Not a bad hunt. All of that clad does add up. I remember a guy who used to save all his clad and at the end of the year spent them at a coin shop. His choice was always a different gold coin. :yes: Ten years doing that and he had about 13 gold coins I believe. Some people opt for silver if they don't find much clad. So keep finding that clad!!

Howdy Again Coinnut!
All that clad, and the gold I sold last year, paid cash on the barrel for my new
White's Spectra V3!

I sold gold and got a check for $1,682 and the clad on hand made up the difference.
Tax as another $129. Ouch!

Right now I'm working up for a trip west to the Rye Patch in Nevada, and other
points west.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

del
03-02-2010, 03:34 AM
ya i'd say you did very well , hope you make that trip and get some good hunting in as well

RickO
03-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Great clad totals... and it is nice to have the fruits of the hobby pay for equipment upgrades.... HH RickO