PDA

View Full Version : new to MD'ing

thesafeman
02-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Im just getting started and know little. If your in central texas and don't mind sharing your expertise with a newbee please respond.

del
02-18-2012, 12:23 AM
hello Thesafeman , welcome to the forum . what kind of detector are you currently using as maybe some of us can give you some tips to help. one of the best pieces of advice i can offer is to search for a detecting club near you , its a wealth of experience but more importantly you'll find someone very close to you to who might be able to take you to some areas for help. glad you found us here .

Dan

Ill Digger
02-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Hey thesafeman! :groovy:
Del gave you some great advice thumbsup01 Also feel free to ask any questions you might have. We've all been were your at :yes:
Welcome to the addiction hobby lol and...Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:

MartinL
02-18-2012, 04:10 AM
Im just getting started and know little. If your in central texas and don't mind sharing your expertise with a newbee please respond.

Central Texas covers a lot of territory. Can you narrow that down? martin

Lowjiber
02-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Welcome aboard from southern Nevada.

Tony Two-Cent
02-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Welcome to the forum from central Illinois! There is lots of helpful information on the internet in the various metal detecting forums and on YouTube. My best advice for a beginner is to learn everything you can about your particular machine, be patient and persistent and don't become discouraged if you don't find anything great at first.

Good luck and I hope you stick around and keep us posted on your progress!

thesafeman
02-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks to all who responded. I am 30 mins. north of Austin in Georgetown. I found a website for a club in south Austin that lists a monthly meeting on the second thursday. I am planing on attending the next one in march to check it out. If you are a member of this club please respond I would love to here from you.