PDA

View Full Version : Trifecta, and Gold

starman2
02-17-2012, 11:47 PM
:happydance01: A great day in Mich. Led me back to the 1920's state Park. Thought I would work an area that my wife had found a merc, earlier last summer :cheering:. Near some Volley Ball nets. Decided to work it slow and easy. Gridding as best I could. After a few clad coins and penny's. I got a signal that looked like a nickle. Started to dig and noticed the chain links. Took my time getting it out. Looked like a nice silver braclet. After putting it in my pouch, and moving on. A short time later. A guy walked up to me, and asked if I was finding anything good? I proceeded to pull the braclet, and some of the clad out and showed him. He told me he had an older Whites 5900 detector. And wanted to know about the DFX I was using. He thought he would follow me along for a while to see what I might find. |:cheering: I guess he brought me luck! <: got a iffy 80 signal about 6, to 7 inches deep. Turned out to be a 61-D Rosie. <: Working the area further. With my shadow close on my heels. I Got another deep 80's signal. Another Rosie! 1964. By this time he was pretty impressed about the whole situation. :wow: He followed me a bit longer. And sure enough, before to long. I heard another deep promising signal. This time the 1936 Merc popped out. This one really blew his mind! And mine along with his. happydance02 At that point. He wanted to sell his detector and buy one like mine. A great day, and my first Trifecta, of the year. Once home. I cleaned up the braclet. On the clasp was 14K <: I'm hoping that it's not just the clasp. Scored $2.84 cent in clad and penny's. One Wheaty. Three silvers, and hopefully a 14K White Gold Braclet. Hope I didn't post too many picks! Thanks for looking! :groovy:

CODY
02-17-2012, 11:57 PM
:wow: WTG! Today's the day for silver! :perfect10: Sweet finds. Great bracelet. Be sure to update us on the bracelet. That will be a really nice bonus. Congrats on a great hunt and some sweet finds. |:cheering:

POKIE73
02-18-2012, 06:43 AM
congrats on a great hunt looks like you made a freind today plus had a great time doing it good hunting dennis

Tony Two-Cent
02-18-2012, 07:47 AM
We love seeing the photos! There's no such thing as too many. :)

Great hunt! Maybe having someone watch made you concentrate harder. Congrats on the silvers and I hope the bracelet is gold! Since it sounded like a nickel signal it may well be! :yes:

aloldstuff
02-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Now thats the way to impress a shadow. I am hoping that the whole braclet is 14k also. Some very impressive hunting, huge congrats

JTGOLD
02-18-2012, 08:22 AM
great hunt and nice finds,keep it up.

Ill Digger
02-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Oh yeah GOLD ! <: :happydance01: Thats cool!
I'm hopin' for your sake it all 14K. |:confused:) If the clasp is stamped it probably is, not always, but this is lookin' good! :yes: thumbsup01 :drool:
Plus a trio of silver dimes to cap off the day....gotta love that! <: :beerbuddy:
Congrats! :grin:
Keep us up to date on the bracelet.... :-> :drool:

MassDirtFisher
02-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Congrats on a great hunt, Nice to see some gold still left in the ground. Happy Hunting!!

Ytcoinshooter
02-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Great going, to the guy following, you probably made it look easy! The pictures real good.

angellionel
02-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Very nice hunt. :clapping: And a fun one too. :happydance01: I hope the bracelet is confirmed to be gold! thumbsup01

jkress
02-20-2012, 01:38 AM
:shocked04: Definitely an exciting hunt. Silver and gold... <:
Any news on the gold yet? :-> Have my fingers crossed for you. :yes:

Fire Fighter 43
02-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Silver and Gold WTG Congrats on a great hunt!! |:cheering:

Ill Digger
02-22-2012, 11:05 PM
:shocked04: Definitely an exciting hunt. Silver and gold... <:
Any news on the gold yet? :-> Have my fingers crossed for you. :yes:
:huh: :dontknow:....... :->