PDA

View Full Version : The T2's maiden voyage rakes in 4 COPPERS!!!!

sniffy
02-18-2012, 07:39 PM
So today was the first hunt with my new T2 SE! and let me tell you, I absolutely LOOOOVE this machine. I ran 0 discrimination 99 sensitivity (varied) and 2+ tones all day in iron laden sites with HEAVYMETALNUTS and Foundation Hunter. My first nice keeper was the braided hair large cent....I plucked this copper at around 8 inches NO PROBLEM. Then I squeeked out an indian in the rust....I dug ALOT of iron in this program, but the good stuff REALLY sings out. Next I located a 2 indian spill, and THEN I got my very first general service eagle button (I've been metal detecting for 3 years now in old sites and somehow never came acrossed one) So i'm excited about that...she don't look all that well but hey....it's there. Next we decided go to a COLONIAL site that has produced 20 coppers now, a revolutionary war button, and several other choice relics. HMN was the first to strike copper there....and then I pulled the New Jersey copper at an incredible depth in crazy iron. NEXT IS MY WORST NIGHTMARE.....The large pewter button that is all mangled up HAD a large Number 3 on it. The last Rev. button from this site that I dug was a britis h Navy button, So I figured this one must have been a British 3rd regiment infantry button....I picked it up...noticed what it was and gently wiped the crud away to get a better look and to my dismay....I WIPED EVERYTHING OFF! Dave was there....I was about to jump down in the well and drown myself. I'm so bummed.....ANYWAYS...I managed a few more buttons here before we headed out to another copper producing site. Mind...these sites have all been steadily pounded...so all these conductive signals are all very exciting. The T2 screams at coppers....Solid 89....ZIP ZIP ZIP.....BLAM... Connecticut Copper. Then for the next hour I picked up a few odds n' ends and then right before we left for the day I plucked another CT copper at 10 inches plus...amazing detector....the Boost mode is outstanding. I had alot of fun today. My new copper record for one day 4! Thanks for lookin folks.

MassDirtFisher
02-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Nice solid hunt. Coppers ,Ihs, buttons....Awesome Job! Congrats on a great hunt, to bad about wiping off the button. Happy Hunting!!

aloldstuff
02-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Sniffy, thanks for posting this hunt. That T2 SE looks to be a great machine. I wonder if Dave is thinking of getting one LOL. Great bunch of keepers, 4 coppers in one hunt is fantastic. Congrats on all your finds

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Sniffy, thanks for posting this hunt. That T2 SE looks to be a great machine. I wonder if Dave is thinking of getting one LOL. Great bunch of keepers, 4 coppers in one hunt is fantastic. Congrats on all your finds

heck no! I love my XLT and with this relic mode I been using.evertime Jess called me over to check his deep signals I was hittin em.so no need to get a T2 for me :grin:

awesome hunt jess! congrats.glad your likin your new machine! |:cheering:

CODY
02-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Great finds, congrats, |:cheering:

Epi-hunter
02-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Great finds and post!!!! :perfect10:

I have heard nothing but great things about the T2. |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
02-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Now THAT'S how to break in a new machine! thumbsup01

Fantastic hunt, Sniffy! It sounds like you and that T2 are going to make a terrific team! That's an incredible day! I would love to see some closeup photos of the four coppers.

Congrats! :clapping:

Fire Fighter 43
02-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Four Coppers that is fantastic, congrats on a great hunt and your maiden voyage. |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
02-21-2012, 03:44 PM
T2 T2 T2 woooo hooooo! Professional hunt Mr Sniffy. Very impressive.

skrapman
02-21-2012, 09:06 PM
very nice hunt, congrats to you and your t2. Is the t2 the same as an f75?. my hunting buddy uses one. nice 4 copper day. :perfect10:

Cheap Thrills
02-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Congrats on your 4 copper day .That T2 SE with the boost mode must be a monster as my standard T2 amazes me . |:cheering: