PDA

View Full Version : Mixed bag of keepers

jkress
02-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Ron and I headed down to our construction/demolition site this afternoon hoping to find new
areas to hunt after the crew finished up another week.

The snow had melted away from two yards we were not able to hunt last time we were there.
Unfortunately most of the ground was still frozen in these yards, but we were able to find big patches
of soft ground. We mainly focused our efforts on the parts of the yards we could dig. :rolleyes:

There were many targets in the sections we hunted to keep us busy digging. We both ended the
day with two silver coins each. :happydance01:

It was a nice surprise seeing the Barber at the bottom of the hole. <:
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-8.jpg

A couple of Chinese coins and a generic token.
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-9.jpg

And a tiny rosary and case.
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-10.jpg

All in all... a great day. We just need about a week of 40+ degree weather to really get the ball rolling.

So far 2012 is off to a great start. I have six hunts in so far with at least one silver from each one.
Hopefully I can push it to 7 for 7. :cheesysmile:

POKIE73
02-19-2012, 09:29 PM
great hunt you have to love those barbers the rest is not shabby neither good hunt dennis

Tony Two-Cent
02-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Another Barber, and this time it's a quarter! :smitten:

You are really having some terrific success early in this new year, Joe! I can't wait to see what you find when the ground thaws out! :->

I hope this streak continues for you all year long! thumbsup01

Ill Digger
02-20-2012, 02:40 AM
It was a nice surprise seeing the Barber at the bottom of the hole. <:
lol I bet!! :yes: I would've been like :shocked04: &quot:daydream:h yeah baby ! :happydance01: happydance02 :happydance01:
:thinkingabout: The rosary beads and their container is a interesting find! And if you ask me , interesting equals cool! :cool: :yes: thumbsup01
I think thats the first one of those I've seen posted! :yes:
Nice hunt Joe!
Congrats! :grin:

CODY
02-20-2012, 04:10 AM
:wow: A Barber Quarter! :perfect10: WTG! |:cheering: Love em. A great hunt. Love the Rosary! Congrays thumbsup01

milco
02-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Great variety of finds in your hunt, sounds like a great spot! Nice Barber Q and the rosary and case is very interesting as Tim said!

starman2
02-20-2012, 08:16 AM
:perfect10:! Another successful hunt! Congrats on the silvers, and other nice finds. Love the rosery and case! |:cheering:

aloldstuff
02-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Joe, some nice hunting, love the Barber. Seems everyone is finding them but me. Interesting rosary beads and container. Congrats on the merc and a big pile of wheats. Warm weather is coming.

Fire Fighter 43
02-20-2012, 08:21 AM
A beutifull Barber quarter!! |:cheering: Congrats on another successful hunt.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-20-2012, 09:55 PM
nice barber and that rosary case is sweet! |:cheering: