PDA

View Full Version : Shocked!!

coinhunter
02-20-2012, 04:15 PM
I have found my share of old coins but after following this forum I am just amazed of all the old,new coin finds and jewelery that detectorist are finding. Just how much treasure is lying in the ground not found yet? Also from what I can see hundreds of dollars of loose change is being found yearly by one detectorist. Its just amazing. I would say that most of us if not all have paid for detectors two fold. When you tell people what you do for a hobby and what you have found they all what to get a detector and meet up with you. Most of them never do and don't realize the amount of hours of hunting to get these great finds. Just a thought thumbsup01

aloldstuff
02-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Coinhunter, I have to agree that there is still many, many items of worth to be recovered. It has been stated that there is more change lost than in circulation. With technology getting better and better, those older deeper coins are coming to light. Most people who have viewed my collection aren't motivated enough to spend the time and energy it does take. The first year and a half of me getting back into mding I got over $700 in change. Paid for my detector

coinhunter
02-20-2012, 05:32 PM
About a year ago I got my cousin Larry into this Hobby. I told him I can go anywhere and find coins.It think at the time he just blew of that statement. Recently he told me your right you can find coins anywhere. I went down a dirt road last year and for no special reason other than it was a small flat area out pops a 1:eyebrow:thinkingabout: large cent. I often wonder what is the total of coin finds $$ a least in the USA. I have found over the years, metal detecting, X doesn't always mark the spot. The most unexpected place turn up good finds. I always carry my metal detector with me in the car just in case.

MartinL
02-20-2012, 07:42 PM
I have found my share of old coins but after following this forum I am just amazed of all the old,new coin finds and jewelery that detectorist are finding. Just how much treasure is lying in the ground not found yet? Also from what I can see hundreds of dollars of loose change is being found yearly by one detectorist. Its just amazing. I would say that most of us if not all have paid for detectors two fold. When you tell people what you do for a hobby and what you have found they all what to get a detector and meet up with you. Most of them never do and don't realize the amount of hours of hunting to get these great finds. Just a thought thumbsup01

I would say that most of us if not all have paid for detectors two fold.

Most is a super big ellusive word. Yea, if you live and hunt the coastal beaches a lot, or hunt in the north east states of the country where old money obviously was dropped...I can agree. Otherwise, that just ain't the norm at all. martin

FatNakedGuy
02-23-2012, 08:07 PM
It's all about research and finding the places people used to gather, correct? At least that is how I've found old and interesting items.

Fire Fighter 43
02-24-2012, 12:06 PM
It is all about the research and thinking a little out of the box. Some luck does help but it's the ones that put in the time to know there equipment and do there homework that seem to get the goods.
I also feel there is a lot of treasure left to be found. I read once that there is more gold lost and undiscovered than there is in circulatin today.

Toadman
02-24-2012, 08:28 PM
My machines and gear has been well over 2X paid for ,and I don't do any research at all..The fun and the exercise is all free too !! Best hobby ever ! <: :happydance01: happydance02

RingDigger
02-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I am not in it for the money at all, if you are its more like work than fun. Dont get me wrong, I would love to find a chest of gold but I have a blast every hole I dig treasure or not. HH all!

POKIE73
02-27-2012, 05:29 PM
the best part of this hobby is sometimes you just dont know what the next beep will be and after you find something you cant wait for the next good luck dennis