PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful day to get out hunting!

Snapolson
02-20-2012, 06:29 PM
I just can't get over this weather we are having here. Last year at this time, there had to be about three feet of snow piled up outside of my home. Anyway, I got out this morning with Bruce AKA Captain Silver from the Friendly Forum and did a nice hunt at another one of his secret locations. He was cleaning up as usual and found a Barber dime, a Walking Liberty half, an Indian Head penny, a silver Washington, and several wheats, while I was hard pressed to come up with any goodies. lol I did manage a couple of Wheat pennies dated 1917 and 1918, a pile of clad, and a couple of coins that I think were being used for target practice. :shocked04:

Near the end of the hunt, I finally got on the silver board with a 1939 Mercury dime! :happydance01: Man, when Captain nabbed that Walker I was only three feet away from where I was ogling my dime. I was SOOOO jealous! Great hunt Captain. Thanks for looking and happy hunting all! :groovy:

You can see Captain's finds in the last photo!

JTGOLD
02-20-2012, 07:04 PM
very nice silver and wheat finds, wtg.

aloldstuff
02-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Only three feet away, dang. Very nice keepers. Some early wheats and a merc. Next time tell him to stop crowding you. Congrats on all the finds

starman2
02-20-2012, 07:53 PM
:wow:! A nice take for this time of year. Congrats on the silver! |:cheering:

POKIE73
02-20-2012, 07:59 PM
i know how you feel i also have a freind that will dig silver 3 feet from where i dug a clad or some other find great finds it is always a lot more fun to be digging with a partner even if they get the silver dennis

angellionel
02-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah, the weather has been great for this time of year. :peace: Sweet finds there you guys made. :clapping:

CODY
02-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Nice silver all the same! Congrats thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
02-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Nice going on your finds . I sometimes hunt with a couple of guys who lower my detecting self esteem also , I know that feeling well . >{

Fire Fighter 43
02-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Congrats on the silver and a great hunt. I hear you about the weather, I've had two hunts in Feb. in 35 years of detecting I've never been out in Feb. It is an ice bounus for 2012 so far.

BOWSER
02-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Nice going on your finds . I sometimes hunt with a couple of guys who lower my detecting self esteem also , I know that feeling well . >{
every guy i've detected with has done that to me. :crazy: