PDA

View Full Version : Got Me A Walker! (update!)

Bell-Two
02-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to all those who have given me such kind words of encouragement and have bestowed their prayer upon me. I have so far done well, suprised the re-hab people a bit...but it does come at a price I will not hide that from you. All in all it is marvelous what they can do and this is just a small thing compared to what so many have gone through and are going through I will keep you all up to date and will be reading the forum regularly. Thanks so much and God Bless.

2 Corinthians 4
16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.
17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,
18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
(NASB)

aloldstuff
02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Welcome home and is that a smile I see. Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Do what the doctor recommends, especially the excercises. Thanks for the update.

POKIE73
02-20-2012, 07:55 PM
make sure you do all the therapy they tell you that makes all the difference in the world and in no time you will be doing them videos i enjoy watching i miss them as i told you before i really enjoy your videos and am waiting for more get better my freind dennis

angellionel
02-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Good to see you smiling :yes: Take care of yourself and keep up with your exercises. Get well soon.

Tony Two-Cent
02-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Still wearing your Minelab hat, that's a good sign! thumbsup01

You're gonna be back out there finding coins and making videos before you know it, Tony! Best of luck for a speedy recovery!

milco
02-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, not sure I would be smiling, but coming from you that is not a surprise! Just like in MDing patience, persistence and perseverance will get you there!

Marinehunter
02-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Hang tough big guy

Ill Digger
02-20-2012, 11:38 PM
8/ You got me on that one. :yes: lol Not quite the walker I was imagining <}
I was thinking before I clicked on it...... :confused: &quot:beerbuddy:oy thats a fast recovery! lol
It's good to see your already up on your feet and a smile on your face too! thumbsup01
It's hard to keep a good man down :beatdown: lol

Bell-Two
02-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the nice replies, gotta smile hurts too much to laugh lol The hardest part I have found so far is that you have a good day and work hard and then you are wiped out the next day. Felt good on Monday was able to get out of the house for the first time, my wife had a Doctors appointment for her leg...no not the hip but she has some sciatica (got to keep her in top shape so she can keep spoiling me!) so our family Doctor was impressed I was doing so well she asked me twice wasn't the surgery just Wednesday? :yes: But that evening I paid for all my youthful enthusiam and today I am going to take it easier. Thanks again all. :grin:

Ytcoinshooter
02-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah, if i didnt know you had the hip R&R I'd be expecting a big juicy silver coin in the pic. Glad to see you are home. The main advice re excercise I got from my orthopedic surgeon was walk . I had to be able to do 1/2 flight of stairs before they sent me home from inpatient rehab after each hip replacement.
Take care and you will be out detecting by June. Sooner if you live near a sandy beach where a light long scoop can save you from bending and the old up and down. That's what I did and it was so good to slowly traverse the beach and use my RTG aluminum kick sand scoop with the curved handle. I'll admit I was getting stir crazy and HAD to get out. Keep us posted on your progress.
Best wishes!
Bruce

Fire Fighter 43
02-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Good luck with your recovery and hope to see you swing again soon.

Digger
02-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Good Luck and God Bless You Bell-Two !!

Bell-Two
02-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Good Luck and God Bless You Bell-Two !!

Thank you so much, I am making progress each day it seems I can do a little more able to hold walker up and take as many as 10 steps, soon hope to graduate to just the cane. Keep the prayers coming they work!

Bell-Two
02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Update! |:cheering:

Started using a cane yesterday and can put the walker up makes so much more ease getting around. Doctor today took off the bandage and was very pleased with my progress. Just gotta keep working hard. Thanks again all.

Full Metal Digger
02-29-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm so glad you are recovering! I also miss your videos and seeing your finds. Best wishes and HH, Dave.