PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Silver

CODY
02-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Well I have noticed that several of the members have had birthdays the last several days. Today is mine. I will say only once that I turn 60 today. From now on I am 59! Lol. I spent the day hunting today. I went back to the property where I found the Morgan Dollar. I answered a question I was concerned about. I was wondering if I would get excited if I found a silver dime, after finding the dollar. The answer….YES! I searched the entire yard again. This time 90 degrees from last time. Found quite a bit of clad, 4 Wheats, 1944 and three that were toast. I did manage to find a 63-D Rosie. But my favorite find is this little key or watch fob. It has a special meaning for me. Meridian Ms. Is my home town. Before I was a police officer I was a firefighter for the City of Meridian. Went to work there in 1974. Retired a little over 20 years. The Meridian Fertilizer Co. started business in the late 1800’s. The factory was made of all wood. Huge timbers. Heart pine and oak. In the late 70’s it caught fire and burnt to the ground. Almost 100 years of this fertilizer soaking into the wood made it impossible to put out. We stayed there for several days. We firemen at the time called it “The fire from the bowels of hell” About the hottest fire I have ever been involved in. Gotta remember there was no air packs at this time. So when I dug this up, rubbed the dirt off, WOW did it bring back some memories.Its kinda cute too. Looks like a bag of fertilizer. The town I found this in is about 50 miles from Meridian. Anyway, thanks for looking and HH to all!

RaZR
02-22-2012, 07:29 PM
[size=1:crazy:t]Happy Birthday old timer!!

Congrats on the little silver on your day. And the fob looks pretty cool! I love finding old advertising stuff. Keep up the good work.

GL/HH

Tony Two-Cent
02-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Happy 59th birthday, Cody! thumbsup01

How cool that you were able to hunt on your birthday and that you found something meaningful like that neat watch fob! Great story and interesting find!

Congrats on the Rosie too!

Now blow out those candles and have a piece of cake! :beerbuddy:

Ill Digger
02-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Good post Cody! thumbsup01
First off Happy Birthday!! :beerbuddy: Second Congrats on the Birthday silver! thumbsup01 :cool:
And the fob is a cool piece too. specially since it has special meaning to you :yes: :cool:
It's cool when you find something, while out detecting, that you can directly relate too :yes:

POKIE73
02-22-2012, 08:11 PM
good job on the silver cody and a big plus to find the watch fob that has special meaning to you great hunt dennis almost forgot happy birthday

Fire Fighter 43
02-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Happy birthday 🎉 🎈and congrats on another good hunt.

aloldstuff
03-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Sorry, I don't know how I missed this post. First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY....How's it feel to be 6/10th of a century:huh:thinkingabout:. Second...congrats on the hunting and your silver.

Cheap Thrills
03-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Happy belated Birthday Cody . Nice hunt . |:cheering:

JTGOLD
03-01-2012, 01:30 PM
nice silver and neat finds,wtg.

Atokad
03-01-2012, 07:23 PM
congrats and happy birthday!

milco
03-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Happy Birthday and great finds with silver again too, very nice! That's what I want to do on my birthday!