PDA

View Full Version : Friendly in Tucson

Rockchairman
02-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Tucson is a friendly place for detectors. All you have to do is go to the Tucson recreation dept and ask. The city gives you permission to hunt there 138 parks for 1 year. The cost is free! yep free! There are a few restricted parks that are historical near city hall that are off limits. The rest are open. Some parks are small some are over 100 acres. All have tot lots all have soccer and baseball fields. Its just a real nice thing to go in the recreation dept and ask for a permit and have them say Ok. They sure are friendly and its a real nice experience :peace:.
So far this year been to about 8 parks lots of clad. Best find so far a commemorative William McKinley assassination coin and couple junk rings.

C ya on down the trail

aloldstuff
02-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Glad to read that the process is easy. Hang in there, the good stuff will come. Only 130 parks to go.......

tanacat
02-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Sounds great! Makes me want to head on over for some park hunting :) I live in Lexington, Ky also very detector friendly, we have over 100 city parks. But in nearby city of Louisville it is no longer legal to hunt the parks :crying02: And such rich history, I was wanting to hunt an old amusement park I had researched- to no avail.

Good luck, I'll be looking for your posts. Welcome to the forum! thumbsup01

Ill Digger
02-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey David! :groovy:
Good to see ya postin'! thumbsup01
Tucson sounds pretty receptive of detectorist. Thats great! Do they handout any literature when you get your permit? Like how to recover a target, put spoils on a towel, haul out all trash.... Well have fun down there :beerbuddy: Hopefully I'll see ya in April for the hunt. thumbsup01 That commemorative William McKinley assassination coin is a great find! Any chance you could throw up a picture of it? So we all can drool!?! :drool: lol

Cheap Thrills
02-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Welcome aboard Rockchairman . Sounds like a great place to hunt and live . I'll be looking forward to your posts and pictures . |:cheering:

tanacat
02-23-2012, 01:48 PM
That commemorative William McKinley assassination coin is a great find! Any chance you could throw up a picture of it? So we all can drool!?! :drool: lol

I was thinking the same thing :cheesysmile: :yes: :poke:

No pressure or anything lol

Rockchairman
02-23-2012, 02:05 PM
UPDATE !!!! Rare Desert Fish caught on soccer field in Tucson with a Sterling silver DNA to boot...[attach=1]

aloldstuff
02-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Don't let the environmentalists see this. Congrats on getting some sterling.

Fire Fighter 43
02-24-2012, 02:13 PM
It is always nice to hear that a municipality is doing the right thing. Good Luck with your hunts and HH

Ill Digger
03-05-2012, 11:17 AM
UPDATE !!!! Rare Desert Fish caught on soccer field in Tucson with a Sterling silver DNA to boot...[attach=1]
Ahhh thumbsup01 A rare desert silver fish! :shocked04: Nice find! :clapping:
I see you you don't practice catch and release. rofl

Tony Two-Cent
03-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Hmmm... something fishy about that sterling silver. :thinkingabout: lol

Seriously, nice find! Congrats! :clapping: