PDA

View Full Version : Nabbed a Merc far from home!

Snapolson
02-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Well, not too far! lol

I was way up in Hartford taking care of things and on the way home stopped in Wethersfield for a bite to eat. I noticed a massive green there and spent about a half an hour just walking a couple of rows with my F2. I got a great signal but was sure I was going to dig a copper penny. It was reading in the 70's on the VDI, usually copper penny clad dime territory.

After scooping out a handful of dirt onto my towel I scanned it with my pinpointer and what you see in the photo is how the silver was uncovered in the pile! :wow: I was pretty surprised to say the least! It's a 1920 Mercury dime. I'm stoked. :happydance01: Happy hunting everybody! :groovy:

aloldstuff
02-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Nice decision to stop. Congrats on the merc. Weathersfield is an old town with some history. My ex uncle in law was a reverend in the 1st church of christ there.

POKIE73
02-23-2012, 05:17 PM
way to go one more silver for your count great hunt dennis

angellionel
02-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Not much wear on that merc. :smitten: Very nice dig. :clapping:

SeabeeRon
02-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Great pix and sweet looking coin!! |:cheering:

Cheap Thrills
02-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Nice going that's a sweet one ! |:cheering:

Epi-hunter
02-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Nice!!! :smitten: From the houses in the background it looks like a prime spot that hopefully you can check out again. :yes:

lee
02-23-2012, 11:11 PM
i can see my house...ha ha ha you where that close to me and ya didnt knock :huh:thinkingabout:?.
nice find snap but beware of the demon parks and rec lady, ive heared she kidnaps detectorists and eats them in her office later :huh:thinkingabout:?

starman2
02-23-2012, 11:26 PM
:smitten: Looks like a sweet place to hunt! Congrats on the Merc! Nice photos! |:cheering:

Ill Digger
02-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah, there's no mistaking that glint of silver in the soil! :smitten: :daydream:
Not shot! The lo-cal looks dyno too! :yes: :drool: If it were me...I'd be stoppin' by that spot a little more often :yes: thumbsup01
Nice find!
Congrats! :grin:

CODY
02-24-2012, 04:25 AM
Nice find! Ditto on the houses in the background!!!! Congrats |:cheering:

lee
02-24-2012, 08:24 AM
joking apart snap i do live there and the broad street green is acturly a protected area, i know , ive tryed it .
i have an on going battle with the parks and rec lady who caught me there.
the other parks in the area are also no go but are not protected , she will tell you to go but as a police officer informed me theres no law to stop you so i cant arrest you just ask you to leave.
if you do find yourself near my house again please knock on me door and ill show you some places she cant touch you.

Fire Fighter 43
02-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Nice Merc it looks like a beauty. |:cheering:

Snapolson
02-24-2012, 06:13 PM
joking apart snap i do live there and the broad street green is acturly a protected area, i know , ive tryed it .
i have an on going battle with the parks and rec lady who caught me there.
the other parks in the area are also no go but are not protected , she will tell you to go but as a police officer informed me theres no law to stop you so i cant arrest you just ask you to leave.
if you do find yourself near my house again please knock on me door and ill show you some places she cant touch you.

Wow! Thanks for the info. If I had known it was protected I would not have hit it. I'll look for ya when I'm up that way again. Send me a pm with your contact info. Thanks again.

JTGOLD
02-24-2012, 08:03 PM
very nice find ,wtg.