PDA

View Full Version : V3i Question

Digger
02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Hello everyone im new to the forum and i have a question. Is it possible or has anyone ever noticed the V3i Wrapping on deep silver using 3F-Best Data. I've dug allot of high vdis 95 -95 to -93 only to find nails and iron but i dont want to pass up deep silver. Ive been so frustrated digging these vdis that i've almost quit digging them. I know in Correlate silver can Wrap but what about Best Data ? Hope someone can answer this.

Epi-hunter
02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
If anyone can answer it, it will be Jack (CyberSage). :)

CyberSage
02-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Hey Digger!
You have a very good question here. The likelihood of a deep target wrapping with the V3/V3i is largely Dependant on the mineralization strength of your soil. Lower sensitivity settings due to EMI issues will also bring about this behavior as well. My experience with my moderate conditions tells me that I can expect a high conductive target to start wrapping at around 9 to 10 inches, assuming that you are using the D2 coil. Best Data modes will in general give a more accurate VDI response, and therefore lower in scale compared to the Correlate mode. The short answer is, it does not happen as much in Best Data, as it does in Correlate, or Single frequency modes. If you are digging a lot of deep iron you might try using the Correlate mode, lower Filter settings, and slowing your swing speed. The big variable here is What is your soil like. Another tip would be to cross check your good responses from targets at 90 degrees. Deep iron will very rarely show consistency when coming at it from more than one direction. Get a feel for what depth you are finding the keepers. Use that information to help judge your pinpoint estimation of the size of the target in question. Iron will give a lighter raspy sounding response. When in doubt... dig and take notes. :yes:

Please follow up with any more questions you have. We have a great bunch of V3/V3i users here on the forum. Good luck with your deep digs.

Jack

Digger
02-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Thank you very much Cybersage your reply was very informative and I will definetely put this information to good use and file it in my Spectra V3i folder.
Thanks Again Jack |:cheering:

CyberSage
02-23-2012, 11:00 PM
You are most welcome Digger! Ultimately you should use this information only as reference in forming your own conclusions based on results you obtain in the field. There is always more to learn. Please share your findings with us. Happy hunting! That deep Silver is waiting for you.

Jack

aloldstuff
02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
thank you Digger for asking this question and thank you Jack for your expert response. I have printed your response and I am sure it will be a handy reference.