PDA

View Full Version : New Detectorist

bama in CT
02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Hello, I just started detecting yesterday, I've never done it before...But I'm already hooked !In the last two days I have found some cool items. But I do not know what they are, can anyone help ? I know that I am lucky to live in one of the oldest towns in the country.All of this was found in the same little plot.

Ill Digger
02-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Hey bama in CT :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin: Glad you found us!
It's a great hobby! :yes: As you can already see! lol
Sorry I'm not going to be much help with IDing your mystery find. But it's very interesting :thinkingabout:
Maybe you should make a separate post in the What is it? section.

lee
02-23-2012, 11:37 PM
AHHHGGGGGG......post the bloody picture of the perfume botltle..ha ha ha ....mate you realy dont know how good a find that thing is.
ohh...welcom to the forum mate...

OxShoeDrew
02-24-2012, 05:09 AM
Hi Bama, sounds like you've already figured out that if you live in CT all you have to do is lower the coil and keepers jump out of the soil. :happydance01:. Well, maybe its not THAT easy but there are exciting things to find here in CT. That thing looks like a chunk of iron but I'm no professonal. Magnetic?
I used to find some hot rocks but they didn't look like that. Welcome from another nutmegger.

Lowjiber
02-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Welcome to your new addiction from southern Nevada.

I only saw one pic attached.

It might be a meteorite, but I doubt it. There are several tests that you can accomplish to determine if it is a meteorite or just a piece of iron.

The most important factor is the presence of nickel. Here's a link to get you started: http://meteorite-identification.com/streak.html

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

aloldstuff
02-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the forum and the madness from western MA. Glad to see you are already posting and looking forward to your future posts.

Fire Fighter 43
02-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the forum and the addiction of this hobby. I'm not sure what you have there maybe you can post a little more info about it and we will see if we can help with the ID.

del
02-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Hello Bama in Ct , welcome to the forum :grin: . i'm always interested in what a fellow detectorist finds in my own state . glad you joined us here .

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
02-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the forum from central Illinois! Glad to have you here! :clapping:

MassDirtFisher
02-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the forum from Westfield Ma! Happy Hunting!!

CODY
02-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Welcome from Mississippi. Will be looking forward to your post and finds.

jkress
03-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist bama in CT. :clapping: Nice to have you here with us.

Your definitely in the right area for some incredible finds. :drool: It's a great hobby
and I'm looking forward to what you will find in the ground out there on the East side of the states. :->

JTGOLD
03-01-2012, 01:35 PM
welcome to the forum,