PDA

View Full Version : Ohio

Rockchairman
02-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi I am the Rockchairman (David). I am from Northern Ohio and been detecting seriously for 3 yrs. I use a DFX 300. Why Rockchairman? Well its not rock and roll. Its all about Lapidary. What in the world is lapidary you ask your self? The art of cutting rock into gemstones I am president of the Summit Lapidary Club and that's how the Rockchairman got started. So that's that folks.
I spend allot of time hunting gemstones in Arizona and New Mexico in the winter. So metal detecting just came naturally. Some times metal detecting beats out gemstone hunting. Its all in the hunt and in finding treasure!!
C-ya on down the trail
Rockchairman :cool:

Epi-hunter
02-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Hey David, welcome! |:cheering: Very interesting story about your forum name and lapidary sounds fascinating! Glad you found the forum and looking forward to your posts. :yes:

aloldstuff
02-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Welcome from western MA. I got your PM just a few seconds ago(thanks for that). Rock hunting sounds interesting. Looking forward to your future posts.

Fire Fighter 43
02-24-2012, 11:46 AM
It's all about the treasure and the thrill of the hunt. It doesn't matter what your looking for. Its great that we now have a gem expert as a member. Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. Looking forward to your input and post. HH

Ill Digger
02-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Hey David! :groovy:
I'm glad to see ya postin' here!
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:
Let me tell you guys a story about this guy. We met in Ohio at the DFXonly hunt in 2010.
During the Saturday lunch pig roast David here gave me his raffle prize! :shocked04: :yes: It was a copy of Dick Stouts Where to find Treasure.
Then he proceeded to slide out of the mess hall before I could get change for a $20. :-\
He said don't worry about the money, he just wanted to come up to Illinois and hunt with me again sometime. :embarrassed:
Plus he already had a copy of it at home. lol
I'll never forget that! |:confused:) |:confused:)
Let me know when you'll be passing through in your travels Dave. I owe you one thumbsup01

del
02-24-2012, 05:21 PM
hello David , very interesting having a gem-cutter here with us . welcome and glad your with us .

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
02-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Welcome to the forum, David! Glad to have you here. I always thought that hunting for gemstones sounded very interesting. I would love to hear about some of the more interesting stones you have found.

Good luck with all of your treasure huntig endeavors!

CODY
02-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Welcome from Mississippi. Will be looking forward to your post and finds.

OxShoeDrew
02-29-2012, 05:01 AM
I didn't know they had DFX only hunts. :shocked01:
Glad you could join us here, and welcome from CT

jkress
03-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Thanks for joining our group Rockchairman. :clapping: It's great to have you here with us.
Looking forward to your posts. :->

JTGOLD
03-01-2012, 01:36 PM
welcome to the forum.

Dinger51
03-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Welcome from another northern Ohioan. Look me up if you are ever in the Norwalk area.

jkress
03-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Welcome from Iowa Rockchairman. It's great to have you here with us. :clapping:
Your other interest sounds very fascinating. :yes: I hope you enjoy and share both here. :->