PDA

View Full Version : old beach hunting

skrapman
02-24-2012, 05:31 PM
hello all, Sunday night went to Boston with my hunting buddy and hit up the second oldest public beach in the country. This beach
has given up some nice finds over the years. It takes a while to find the shell line after the tide goes out, there is alot of mud/clay
and smelly stuff and it seems to move around alot. The low tide wasn't until 5:30 pm so it was petzel lights and lit screens. Very
peaceful but a little harder to find your target. Anyways here are most of my finds. 5 silver coins, 2 silver medals,2 buffalos,6 wheaties, and 5 musket balls. This beach is across from Dorchester heights where the colonists set up cannons and chased the
british from Boston harbor.( last year I found a cannon ball). No gold but we tried. There wasn't any NorEasters this year to move
sand around but there is always targets. thanks for looking, mike

aloldstuff
02-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Some very nice hunting there Scrapman. Seems like you know the beach very well, congrats on all your finds.

Fire Fighter 43
02-25-2012, 11:10 PM
|:cheering: That is a great haul from the beach. Congrats on a job well done.

fsa46
02-26-2012, 06:30 AM
Hey Mike, To say you guys were busy digging up a storm would be an understatement. Great hunt. :yes:

What was your weapon of choice ? :thinkingabout:

skrapman
02-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Hey Mike, To say you guys were busy digging up a storm would be an understatement. Great hunt. :yes:

What was your weapon of choice ? :thinkingabout:
I used a DFX with stock 10.5 coil. My buddy has a F75 w/ stock coil.I run a pretty hot program and dig most signals below
the water line. The vid numbers are a bit off because of the corrosion factor, but this place has given up much gold over the years.

CODY
02-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Sweet! WTG. |:cheering: I'm gonna do me some beach hunting some day! Looks like a lot of fun.

Tom
01-22-2014, 01:14 PM
Nice finds there Scrapman! Have you ever had any problems with the law detecting there? Also have you detected any other spots around Boston harbor? Just wondering if anything might be off limits...
Thanks, Tom.

giant056
01-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Great score on them silvers :thumbsup01:
............... :congrats: