PDA

View Full Version : Analysis mode slow to respond

bigjer
02-25-2012, 07:18 AM
Good morning all,

When I use the V3i in analyse mode on the potential target, the display seems to take quite a long time (6 seconds or so) to show any results. This happens in both sizing and polar plot. On the videos I watch, the results from the analyse sweep seem extremely fast, almost instantaneous. Anyone else see this happening? Is there a certain setting that would adjust this response time?
Also, using the sizing mode, I seldom get the narrow, high peaked wave shown in the videos. Even over a surface coin, the base of the wave is usually alot wider than coin size......my rule is set at 2.
I have learned not to depend on the results of analyse but I would like to have it as another tool to help decide to dig or not......on iffy targets.

CyberSage
02-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Good Morning bigjer!
What coil are you using on you V3i? That does seem a little long to wait for a response. Are you using a factory loaded program, or is this a custom program? If so, try loading up a factory preset and see if that makes a difference. I don't have a lot of experience with analyze modes, as early on I realized that they were not effective much past 4 or 5 inches.
As far as having another tool to use to make dig decisions, the 3 frequency pin point screen is a wealth of information. It is very good at giving away a potential high conductive coin. Before we talk to much about that, I guess it would be a good idea to know what you are hunting. Coins, jewelry, relics? By watching the frequency response strength from the 22.5kHz, 7.5kHz, and 2.5kHz you will learn to make better calls on you potential target.

Jack

bigjer
02-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Pleased to meet you Jack,

I am using the stock DD coil.....mostly factory coins and Jewelry program...with a few mods...like 5 filter instead of factory 10.....and tone id =on. My next step should be try TOTAL factory settings.....I guess....the sizing seemed to work fine at first.
Yes, I do use the pinpointing graph for helping ID target....but being fussy, I like everything to work as it should..... :twirlingeyes:
Hunting mostly coins.....hopefully silver. :cool:

CyberSage
02-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Nothing in your adjustment that should slow it down that much. May be some other V3i users will chime in and offer some input on the subject. IMHO the Analyze mode has never really worked well on deeper targets, but should be faster to respond.

freemindstuck
07-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Hi bigjer,

I have noticed with my V3I a slow response time in analyse mode in areas with a lot of EMI. Sometimes if the EMI is bad enough I can't even get a polar plot reading. I don't know if this is what's going on with your detector, but it is something to look for at least.