PDA

View Full Version : Sitting on the plane now, next detecting is Cancun

Ytcoinshooter
02-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Hey I'll be thinking of you all and may get a chance to check out the forum between margaritas & honeymoo fun. The surf rages where we stay unlike the top of the 7 where ya actually water detect. Only bringing the Coinmaster Pro for the dry sand. Considered bring my heavy jitters PI & Sov GT but there isn't all that much wet sand exposed even at low tide. I'll have her digging pesos out of the sand in no time! Any way here's a pick of my wedding ring that was a water find some years back. She thought it would be cool to resize it was it was so nice & now is 5.3 dwt or 8.2 grams.
wouhttp://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/ca89a415.jpgl
Plane istaknf off, gotta go!
HH-Bruce!

Cheap Thrills
02-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Very cool ring Yt , I like that design and color shade , artsy looking but not overbearing . Once again congratulations on making it legal lol . Wow , I can't think of a better way to honeymoon than all the stuff you and the wife are going to be doing . :kiss: :loveit: :smitten: , detecting , eating great meals :beerbuddy: ,
:kiss: :loveit: :smitten:, detecting , eating great meals :beerbuddy: , :kiss: :loveit: :smitten:, detecting , eating great meals :beerbuddy:.............
in that great weather . |:cheering: :cool: Hope you find some great keepsakes .Enjoy !!!

:groovy:

aloldstuff
02-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Bruce, enjoy the stay and find the BIG one, you know that 5ct diamond ring.

Fire Fighter 43
02-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Have a great time and good luck on the beach.

fsa46
02-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Hope you have a great time Bruce, how could you not. Can't wait to see some Cancun finds.

Digger
02-26-2012, 10:46 AM
CONGRATULATIONS Yt !!! and thats a very nice looking ring. :beerbuddy:

MassDirtFisher
02-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Have fun!! Swing by Senior Frogs for a Sip or two!! Enjoy! Good luck on the sand! Happy Hunting!!

del
02-26-2012, 01:57 PM
have a great time Bruce ;)

Ytcoinshooter
03-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks for all the knd comments and well wishes. Feels like a family here! I'll have to take a pic of bigger haul of goodies and put that up but time is short. I have to fly into Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow because my dad can't hold on much longer. He is a straight shooter who was the most principled man I know. Sober, non smoker, ex marine sergeant who was devoted to our mother. He taught us as boyscouts how to march to cadence. Stateside he was a DI & radar repair man during Korea. I'll pack my my PI and a small reverse handle scoop I can use knee deep. Carryons only - so my travel water scoop stays home this time.
Pictured here are the finds from my first 2 hours.http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/7d8c1536.jpg I used the Coinmaster Pro with no discrimination. 1,2,5 peso coins ring up as iron. The smallest item, a regular straight pin was loud and down approx 2.
I found about 3 times the coins in a 3 hour hunt later in my week. Hitting a 10 peso at 8 is no sweat. Moving to the wet sand I could turn down the sens and keep the coil 1 off to reduce falsing but the dry sand is where this detector worked nicely. This earring was part of the first time out there.
The surf where we stay is slamming even at low tide. At the top of the 7 where the water is calm is conducive for water hunting, although a friend who just finished 5 weeks doing it there every day found no gold. His skills are excellent and he's one of the top water hunters in our club. So with his 30+ years if he says the pickings are slim and I've seen how easy it is to detect there, I'm not stressing over water hunting.
These sunglasses were a fresh drop just below the surface of the sand. No scratches or rust and were promptly rinsed and claimed by Nancy. The earring was nothing special but any bling is fun to find.
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/14bd4559.jpg
Fun is what it is about. Life can be unpredictable so I try to enjoy my detecting more now by lowering my expectations and maximizing the time I get to know other detectorists.
HH-Bruce

del
03-07-2012, 06:17 PM
sounds like you two had a great time in Cancun , very interesting coins they have down there and i'd say you did pretty well too |:cheering:. i'm very sorry to hear about your Dad and i pray that he makes a turn-a-round Bruce .

Dan

CODY
03-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Great finds. Congrats. Sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like he is a Great man.