PDA

View Full Version : 3 copper day.....

sniffy
02-25-2012, 07:46 PM
So today I got out with HEAVYMETALNUT on a WINDY colonial hunt. We decided to try one of his sites that he hasn't spent a large amount of time ....A nice center hearth colonial cellar hole. It was pretty tough today with the snow but I managed to pull a nice handful of keepers. The mercury dime was a freak show.....automatically I thought capped bust dime or seated.....but look at her in all her 1918 glory. Then I decided to hunt the old road....and I got a nice deep signal on the T2...it was reading low but it ended up being my first copper of the day. I believe this coin to be a William and Mary which finnaly lands me a spot in the 1600's club..lol...The rest of the afternoon was pretty good, I managed a nice Connecticut and King George III a broken ornate shoebuckle....couple musket balls, buttons, and a brass pull....The targets here you REALLY have to work hard for. Dave also did well....All in all I had an awesome day. Thanks for lookin folks!

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-25-2012, 07:50 PM
WINDY BUT FUN! Glad ya swooped by and picked me up.I'd like to get back for another hunt here.great job Jess! next time it's my turn to nab a copper! |:cheering:

sniffy
02-25-2012, 07:57 PM
WINDY BUT FUN! Glad ya swooped by and picked me up.I'd like to get back for another hunt here.great job Jess! next time it's my turn to nab a copper! |:
you have plenty..... :bop: ..............alot of fun today Dave...thank goodness we didn't get whacked by falling hangers.

Fire Fighter 43
02-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Congrats on a great hunt |:cheering: the coppers look nice.

del
02-25-2012, 11:22 PM
hey Jesse , 3 coppers is a great day :perfect10: :perfect10: but your not going to pass that 1700's era French coin off for a William and Mary are you :rolleyes: you've been hanging around Davey to long :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: next you'll be trying to count Canadian pennies and dark flat stones for large coppers lol rofl your just going to have to earn it and find a real 1600's coin my friend . you'll do it i'm very confident in ya Jesse. congrats again |:cheering: |:cheering:

p.s. yours looks close to this variety

Dan

CODY
02-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Those are some awesome finds. Congrats |:cheering:

sniffy
02-26-2012, 01:31 AM
hey Jesse , 3 coppers is a great day :perfect10: :perfect10: but your not going to pass that 1700's era French coin off for a William and Mary are you :rolleyes: you've been hanging around Davey to long :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: next you'll be trying to count Canadian pennies and dark flat stones for large coppers lol rofl your just going to have to earn it and find a real 1600's coin my friend . you'll do it i'm very confident in ya Jesse. congrats again |:cheering: |:cheering:

p.s. yours looks close to this variety

Dan
HAHAHA...Pretty amazing what your brain will force you into believing when you want something so bad. I swear it looked just like ole willy. Holy smokes Dan, you shoulda seen Dave today.....he started twitching really bad, his face started sinking in....he was turning grey I tell ya... 2 HUNTS Sniffy 7 coppers HEAVYMETALNUT 0 coppers.

OxShoeDrew
02-26-2012, 04:08 AM
Could this be the year of the Sniffy? |:cheering:

Merc
02-26-2012, 06:39 AM
7 coppers since the T2 SE. Dude your on fire. What a great hunt!!

sniffy
02-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Could this be the year of the Sniffy? |:cheering:
Yes....I went to a chinese buffet the other night and seen my face on my place mat....it read....2012 100 coppers....Many choice relics.....GW buttons....

Not thinkin much of that......I ate my meal and treated myself with a fortune cookie I opened it up and it said....Sniffy Ole great relic hunter, your year will be a filled with many rare items.

Charlives...howd you know?

sniffy
02-26-2012, 07:12 AM
7 coppers since the T2 SE. Dude your on fire. What a great hunt!!
It seems that way for now.....but my fire will soon fizzle out....it usually does.

Cheap Thrills
02-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Great finds and pictures Sniffy . Way to go on those 3 Coppers . |:cheering:I really envy you Eastern Copper Masters having multiple copper days . :envious: I would love to find one large copper out here
but it doesn't happen very often .A typical 3 copper day for me would be 2 memorials and a cut piece of tubing . >:{

aloldstuff
02-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Excellent hunting Sniffy. Three coppers in one hunt is fantastic. I can see how you would be thinking capped bust when the merc showed herself.

skrapman
02-26-2012, 10:07 PM
great varity of coppers sniffy, that would make any hunters day. :clapping: good job dan on id'ing the french coin. |:cheering: