PDA

View Full Version : Update on my wifes Cancer

MinelabIowa
02-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Sorry I took so long to return a update on Laurie. I have been taking Laurie, on the once weekly drive to Iowa city. Everytime we see the doctors they are amazed on her progress. Her appetite is great. Her weight is going up each week. When Laurie returned from her stay in Iowa city,, she weighed 102lbs. She now weighs 112lbs. Her nutrition is great. I give her a daily regimen of dietary supplements, along with pure aloe vera for her digestion.
She is half way through her Chemo treatments. They are giving her Paclitaxel weekly and Carboplatin once every three weeks. Laurie attitude is very encouraging, she is happy to be alive. I am very thankfull I decided to take ger directly to Iowa city. I am hoping and praying for a full recovery. Time will tell. Please keep Laurie in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks. everyone. Joe . Minelaniowa.

Epi-hunter
02-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Joe, thanks for the update. Laurie (and you and your family) will continue to be in my prayers.

I have the utmost confidence in the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. It is where I was trained and where I spent 25 years. I truly believe they are the best at what they do. I am glad they are treating you well. With them and with you, she is in good hands all around.

Tony Two-Cent
02-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Thank you for the update, Joe. The news sounds encouraging, I hope you are both holding up OK. I know it must be an ordeal, to say the least.

You and Laurie will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Best to you both.

jkress
02-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Very great news Joe.
It was nice talking with you tonight. I was happy to hear Laurie is doing so well.
She will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Cheap Thrills
02-25-2012, 10:58 PM
That's great news Joe , continuing best wishes and prayers to both of you .

randy
02-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Sounds like encouraging progress, and you both are in my thoughts and prayers. Let her know the forum is pulling for her.

POKIE73
02-26-2012, 08:03 AM
its good news to hear she is getting along fine its also good to hear she is a fighter as i belive that is half the battle all of our thoughts and prayers for her to have a complete recovery dennis

del
02-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Joe , thats great to hear :cheering: :cheering: and thanks for the news . God bless you both and continued prayers.

Dan

aloldstuff
02-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Joe, thanks for the encouraging update. Sounds like Laurie is in great hands, yours and the doctors. You both are in our prayers

OxShoeDrew
02-26-2012, 08:01 PM
That's great to hear. Thank you for the update. I wish her continued progress and strength to beat this thing.

BOWSER
02-26-2012, 08:25 PM
my best wishes to you and your family JIM

Fire Fighter 43
02-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the update and I'm glad to here that it is good news. Keep the faith and God bless.

CODY
02-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear things are going well. Your wife and you will continue to be in our prayers.