PDA

View Full Version : Old schoolyard find

Dimeman
02-26-2012, 02:46 PM
It's been a while since I posted some of my outings.....haven't been out much this year yet... I can count the number of times on 1 hand...without using my thumb......

Welll this morning, I took my Fisher F5 out to an old school area built in 1918. The original building was razed and rebuilt in 1980 and there is still some of the old grounds not covered by buildings or parking lots.

In 2 hours in a 3:blackeye:60 foot section I dug a pouch full of trash items ( pulltabs, bottlecaps, lots of foil pieces and some aluminum slag pieces, among other junk). I got quite a few clad coins also----I think I got most of the surface finds cleared from this particular area, because at a depth of 5 inches I dug this up.

[attach=1]

It is my 2nd silver coin for the year...the 1st being a GW silver quarter a few weeks ago.
It was great to see that shiney silver.
I threw away all the other trash items ----------in the proper container, of course........ thumbsup01

Here is the rest of the coins I dug today------ there were a few on top of the ground--very easy pickins' :)

[attach=2]

POKIE73
02-26-2012, 03:04 PM
its nice to see that somebody gets out to hunt we are snowcovered at the moment hopefully it will clear in a few days we have had a fantastic winter for being up north in ill well congrats on your finds and i would hope you hit that place somemore god luck dennis

aloldstuff
02-26-2012, 05:30 PM
I will never tire of reading posts about people digging Barber coins. Nice that you were able to see thru the trash to get that beauty. Congrats on all your finds

Tony Two-Cent
02-26-2012, 09:09 PM
I will never tire of reading posts about people digging Barber coins.

Same here, I just love them! :smitten:

That one is a beauty! It's worn, but otherwise unmarred and very pleasing to the eye.

Great find, Dimeman! :clapping:

jkress
02-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Nice Barber Dimeman! :clapping: It's always a pleasant surprise seeing one come to the light of day. :yes:

Congrats, she's a beauty.

Epi-hunter
02-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Beautiful barber :happydance01:

I do know what you mean about not having time to get out. Life gets in the way. :yes:

CODY
02-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Congrats on a very sweet find. I think the Barber coins are the best looking coin ever minted. I have found only three Barber dimes. Would love to find a quarter are half. Maybe one day! WTG and HH |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
03-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Congrats on the silver and a nice hunt. WTG |:cheering:

starman2
03-02-2012, 05:27 PM
:perfect10:! Nice clad count. And great Barber! |:cheering: Congrats!

PL8MAN
03-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Love them Barbers ! Congrats thumbsup01