PDA

View Full Version : Another Buffalo, wheats and a ..... Pin:huh:thinkingabout:

cdv
02-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Weather was great today but I think I have this beach cleaned up pretty good. I really had to work to get the older stuff today. Another dated Buffalo Nickel, two more wheats and some clad and the first find of the day, I thought I had a clad half dollar due to the size, I couldn't tell since it was frozen and I had to hold it in my hand to melt the water off of it. Turned out to be a pin that was pressed, it must be made of copper since it has the green corrosion on it. I has the following markings Elizabeth II Dei Gratia Regina and it appears this was at one time also on coins.... any help with figuring out it is/was and dating it would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff

skrapman
02-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Sorry Cliff no idea on the medal , but i do like it. :clapping:

Epi-hunter
02-26-2012, 11:07 PM
I like it too... no date on it? I will do a google search (which I am sure you have already done).

Cool find!

CODY
02-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Very nice, congrats! |:cheering:

cdv
02-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the replies all..... the medal/broach/pin is interesting. There is no date on it and my first thoughts on it was that it was a pressed penny but then I thought they would have had to use a copper disc the size of a large cent to do it since the finished size is between a quarter and half. I have yet to find anything like it on the net via Google.

Let me know if you come up with anything.

Cliff

aloldstuff
02-27-2012, 11:32 AM
great to see that you got yourself another dated buff. No idea about the pin, interesting though.

Fire Fighter 43
02-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Congrats on a great hunt |:cheering: the pin is very cool. Sorry I can not help with the I.D.