PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Cap!!! Cleaned PICS

sniffy
02-26-2012, 04:39 PM
So today I made a nice big breakfast for the family and then ran some errands. After all my chores and obligations were taken care of I had a few hours of Jesse time to burn. I decided to go metal detect....who woulda thought... I decided to go to an old colonial cellar hole that Ive pulled a couple coppers and a slew of buttons. Using the prizm I decided that I would retire this site believing that there was not another signal to dig. Today with my new weapon the T2 (god I love this machine) I made the long walk towards this old site. Right off the bat I started digging button after button.....I just knew there was a copper hiding here somewhere. About 5 ft away from where I dug a CT here the last time with HMN I got a very nice deep 86 in Boost Mode.......now alot of times in boost mode...the sensitivity seems so extreme that even small square nails seem to scream out nicely. So I wasn't real confident with this signal at first until I finnaly broke through the frost and dug a massive crater. Now closer to the target the signal became very solid and responsive. I pinpointed, dug down another couple inches and there she was...immediately I knew it was a Fatty Liberty Cap.....I'm so thrilled with this coin...I'm so happy it's in recognizable condition...the other 2 coppers from this site have been fried. After a couple more buttons, one being a bumpy mess... never seen one like this...seems someone heated it up and pushed holes through the back to make a design on the front...pretty cool.....So right before I leave I come across an awesome signal...solid 89 I thought for sure I was gonna have another multiple copper hunt...but to my suprise I find a mangled tangled bent up brass thing. After examining it, I realize that it was a twisted up shoe buckle....and stupid me thinking I'm some kind of in the field restoration expert...decided to try to bend it back into shape....I did pretty well but managed to break it.... I should have left it in it's unique state.....oh well......Thanks for lookin folks..and thank you Teknetics for giving me all new sites again!

Cleaned Copper came out...OK.... :dontknow: I guess the best she's gonna get.

aloldstuff
02-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Congrats on the Liberty Cap. Aren't most relic hunters in field restoration experts:huh: Your killing it with that T2

Merc
02-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Nice hunt!! Sweet copper.

del
02-26-2012, 05:59 PM
wow , another copper ... i can just see Dave now :hairpulling: pulling his hair out while reading this . lol lol hey you gotta give us a better picture of the liberty cap penny Jeese :loveit: :loveit: . the next restoration you do on something like that wait until you get home and apply some heat from a butane torch and then try to straighten it out , you'll get better results . congrats again on the copper .

Dan

MassDirtFisher
02-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Great finds!! Cool Copper!! Poor Dave, everyone picking on him...Hes do for a copper spill. Congrats on a great hunt Sniffy. Happy Hunting!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-26-2012, 06:55 PM
wow , another copper ... i can just see Dave now :hairpulling: pulling his hair out while reading this . lol lol hey you gotta give us a better picture of the liberty cap penny Jeese :loveit: :loveit: . the next restoration you do on something like that wait until you get home and apply some heat from a butane torch and then try to straighten it out , you'll get better results . congrats again on the copper .

Dan

:hairpulling: :hairpulling: :hairpulling: NICE HUNT JESS! :hairpulling: :hairpulling: :hairpulling: what the hell is that thing a colonial sprinkler head in the picture? lol

sniffy
02-26-2012, 07:01 PM
:hairpulling: :hairpulling: :hairpulling: NICE HUNT JESS! :hairpulling: :hairpulling: :hairpulling: what the hell is that thing a colonial sprinkler head in the picture? lol
hahaha, colonial sprinkler head. I've never seen anything like this....looks like they heated up the button and pushed something through the back to potrude knobs on the front.....weird.

OxShoeDrew
02-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Cheese grater? :grin:
I'm excited for you and have to agree that the T2 is a nice machine. :peace:

skrapman
02-26-2012, 10:00 PM
congrats on the liberty cap. Still on my wish list. The colonial button with the bumps is cool, I found one like it a while back, I will try
to find it and compare the two. I believe it's very similar. When you go back to an old site you think is hunted out do you go over the
same ground or venture further in the woods.? :perfect10: thanks mike

sniffy
02-27-2012, 05:11 AM
congrats on the liberty cap. Still on my wish list. The colonial button with the bumps is cool, I found one like it a while back, I will try
to find it and compare the two. I believe it's very similar. When you go back to an old site you think is hunted out do you go over the
same ground or venture further in the woods.? :perfect10: thanks mike
Usually I do venture out further at old pounded sites, but with the new machine I found all of this stuff right around the cellar hole.

Fire Fighter 43
02-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Congrats on a great find and a nice hunt. |:cheering:

wild willy
02-29-2012, 05:34 AM
awesome sniffy! ya really got me intrested in your new machine. is that what it takes to get a lib cap? ya i know it takes getting out. bad willy >{ congrats

Tony Two-Cent
03-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Great hunt and awesome Liberty Cap! :smitten:

You're really on a roll with that T2! Keep it up! :clapping:

Snapolson
03-05-2012, 10:34 PM
That's a really nice LC. Congrats. Yeah, the T2 rocks!