PDA

View Full Version : NUTTIN BUT BUTTONS

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-26-2012, 07:00 PM
got back out to a old site that gave up many nice colonial coppers and draped bust large cents.today it was not gonna give up anymore.I worked it hard and managed a escutcheon plate with key hole.a few buttons one being cast brass with a nice colonial snowflake type design.
It's not all treasure every hunt but the designed button and intact escutcheon plate made the hunt somewhat enjoyable.
Even the flowers (lillies?)think it's spring time. 8/

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-26-2012, 07:00 PM
last pic

MassDirtFisher
02-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Congrats on all the buttons, nice looking rose head nail. Your due for a 10 copper day. Happy Hunting!!

OxShoeDrew
02-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey that snow flake was pressed in a mold. Humpf. Nice finds, I found a bunch of buttons too this week, only an Indian head in the coin dept.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey that snow flake was pressed in a mold. Humpf. Nice finds, I found a bunch of buttons too this week, only an Indian head in the coin dept.

I'm pretty sure it is cast.you can see the cast lines on the back like pewter buttons were cast

skrapman
02-26-2012, 09:28 PM
I'll take a bunch of buttons any day. Coins are nice because their dated but buttons are more personal.great hunt :clapping:

Fire Fighter 43
02-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Congrats on the bunch of buttons and good luck on the return trips. HH

aloldstuff
02-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Dave, nice group of buttons. I was wondering if you have ever researched the escutcheon plates and drawer pulls you find. Could they be cleaned well. I ask this because on Antiques Roadshow I hear them say that the brass has been replaced and that always seems to lower the value. I don't know might be a market for them with restoration people.

Toadman
02-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Great day out.. Love the lock plate, and it's nice to see the box for protecting finds , I box and wrap mine in paper towel for extra protection |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

Ill Digger
02-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Dang Dave! You found enough button there to make yourself a coat! lol
Nice haul and pics!
Congrats! :grin: