PDA

View Full Version : return to 1734 house

skrapman
02-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Went back to the old house not expecting too much.the construction co. posted the old fields so I wasn't sure if my permission from
last week would be valid. I did talk to the home owner and he gave me the go ahead for his property and to park in his driveway.
With the rain the other day the low lands were soaked. the water squished up as I walked over the ground,but it's old ground.
last week i recovered 13 tack buckles today zero. I was able to find a worn out copper with no identifing marks. an 1803 LC,
a no date farthing and a 1829 LC. The targets were far and few between but I couldn't detect all the homeowners property the
ground is still frozen where the sun doesn't shine. I didn't want to make a mess of his grass. I did get permission to come back any
time I wanted.
On the way home I stopped by an old drive in ,where in the past was pretty good to me and found a few modern coins and a
roy rogers deputy badge. That was my favorite find of the day.It even has the pin in back. thanks for veiwing, mike
I was informed by the homeowner the house was built in 1732.

MassDirtFisher
02-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Congrats on the great looking coppers. Nice looking badge!! Way to go, cant wait to see what else you score from there. Happy Hunting!!

jkress
02-26-2012, 10:03 PM
<: <: <:

Glad to hear you received permission to hunt this incredible property. :clapping:
You pulled some amazing keepers from your first hunt on the house property. :shocked04:

I can imagine how exciting it was to pull all those old coppers. I'm really looking forward to
what you will find once the yard thaws out. :->

You've got yourself a nice old piece of ground to hunt. Congrats and good luck!!

sniffy
02-27-2012, 05:16 AM
Coppers on the first visit? yeah you'll be goin back...gotta be more in the yard.

Fire Fighter 43
02-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Congrats on the coppers and the badge is a very cool find. |:cheering:

CODY
02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Congrats! :wow: love the Roy Roger badge! :perfect10:

angellionel
02-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Sweet finds! :clapping: Those old properties sure hold some great treasures. :smitten: The Roy Roger badge is a cool find too. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
02-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Cool badge! There's a piece of Americana for ya :yes:
But that 1803 Drapped bust LC would've probably.....well lets just say I'd probably be laying out there dead with it in my hand still :stretcher: lol
Great hunt!
Congrats! :grin:
It'll be interesting to see what else comes to light after the thaw :drool: :drool: :->
GL & HH thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
03-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Nice coppers, but that 1803 Draped Bust is gorgeous! :smitten:

What a magnificent coin! :clapping:

Congrats on the great hunt!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-05-2012, 09:07 AM
some very nice finds! awesome job! |:cheering: