PDA

View Full Version : good high SpectraGraph towers with thin red line on right

bigjer
02-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Morning all,

Another Question!!! lol

Quite often, while detecting , I hit on a target that builds a great , narrow green tower in the upper VDI range, to the right of the SpectraGraph and the green tower will have a thin red line bordering it's right side.....in all or some of the frequencies. I have also seen this same thing in many videos.
Can anyone tell me what that red line means and why it is appearing?
I dig targets that display like this....and if memory serves me right.....they have been good targets.

Digger
02-27-2012, 10:45 AM
If the 3 frequencies are hitting pretty good and pretty much in line with green bars and good vdis and you get a thin red line on them i think you are seeing a good target with a little bit of iron or rejected vdis ( red bars ) mixed in. There is probebly a small piece of iron close by down around your target. I buried a quarter 8 deep at my girlfriends house that gives similar readings with thin red lines but i know its a quarter. So in allot of cases its best to dig those readings especially if the 3 frequency bars are in line. Just my opinion, hope this helps.

CyberSage
02-27-2012, 04:34 PM
The default resolution for many of Whites preloaded programs is set at 7 VDI numbers to each Spectragraph bar. Take a look at the picture below. This is showing default for the Coin & jewelry Program, with the exception that I have switched it to Correlate instead of Best Data. I did this to make it easier to duplicate the condition at hand. I used very low discrimination sensitivity in a high EMI environment. I used a Silver Quarter on the fringe of the coil to create the reading.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/P1010309.jpg

The factory Coin & Jewelry program rejects +95 by default to quiet iron Wrap, and hot rocks. This leaves just +95 on the right hand side of the screen with the red coloring (reject). When you receive a hit in the high range, in this case a VDI of 89. The marker bar on the Spectagraph is wide enough in resolution to fall into the rejected area. This gives you a thin red line 1 VDI in width showing on the right hand side of the screen. It is possible for a piece of iron to wrap backwards and create the same effect, but with a much wider spread in frequency response.

You can adjust your Resolution by going into the advanced menu, and tunneling down to the Resolution setting in the following manner...

Configure-Live Search Screen-Search-Spectragraph-Resolution

I have mine set to 4 VDI widths. The following video demonstrates the results. Note that in several of the sweeps the 22.5kHz frequency is the highest(farthest to the right) with means it would be the first to Wrap. The 2.5kHz and 7.5kHz frequencies are what are correlating and giving the response in this instance. No red lines, because I am rejecting nothing. I simply set tones I don't want to hear to 0. Also notice the user defined color ranges to call attention to dominant frequency. The V3/V3i has many great customizations to accommodate your individual hearing, sight, and hunting style.

MOV04671.MPG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQJO3YXwbok&list=UU3TkHnJNtXJMQUh1YcdJZEg& index=6&feature=plcp#)

I hope this helps clarify what might be happening to you in your situation.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Digger
02-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Very good explanation, picture and video Jack, I had forgotten about +95 vdis being rejected in a number of the Library Programs and showing up as a red bar at +95 being that I pretty much accept all vdis now.
Thanks !!

bigjer
02-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks Jack.....Great reply.
I actually considered that it could be +95 disc setting.
I am going to set my resolution to 4 also.