PDA

View Full Version : Diggers

Toadman
02-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Metal detecting show starts tommorow on National Geographic channel at 10;00 pm..... :cool:

Ill Digger
02-28-2012, 01:03 AM
I probably won't get the channel :rolleyes: >{
But I'll definatly take a look and make sure! thumbsup01 Thanks for the heads up Rick |:confused:)

RaZR
02-28-2012, 03:16 PM
COOL! Thanks for the heads up. Maybe i can learn something new. I think a weekly show about detecting would be neat! It couldn't be worse than watching inept gold miners fight about stupid things. rofl
More people get interested and i got more people to bid on my used equipment. ;)

GL/HH

Toadman
02-28-2012, 10:04 PM
It's on !!! looks like a fun show

Toadman
02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Youse guys from Conneticut should contact them for a show.. I would love to be there too ! happydance02

Toadman
02-28-2012, 10:23 PM
American Detectorist------ East Coast :->

Ill Digger
02-29-2012, 12:59 AM
I had to work crying01
But a buddy recorded it on his DVR for me thumbsup01...... :->

Full Metal Digger
02-29-2012, 09:20 AM
I don't think it was a very good presentation of our hobby. They were digging holes like badgers, flicking dirt everywhere. No plugs, no explanation of how to properly dig, etc. Used terms like juice, toke, civ, cologn, roundness It was just crazy! Then they appraised their finds way too high. i.e. civil war bullet, $35. Fired 30.06 shell, $1.00.

Dinger51
02-29-2012, 09:20 AM
I watched it last night and at first thought it was too goofy. Then I thought we were all a little bit crazy, especially when we find great stuff. It quickly grew on me. I now can't wait til the next one. I won't spoil it for those that haven't watched it yet.

On a side note:

When researching the show, I found a ton of links with people complaining and even petitioning the the show. Most were archeologists... 8/

Dinger51
02-29-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't think it was a very good presentation of our hobby. They were digging holes like badgers, flicking dirt everywhere. No plugs, no explanation of how to properly dig, etc. Used terms like juice, toke, civ, cologn, roundness It was just crazy! Then they appraised their finds way too high. i.e. civil war bullet, $35. Fired 30.06 shell, $1.00.

I would have to agree Daddy. Come to think of it, they didn't dig any nice holes. I would say that it would be nice if they talked about the ethics of our hobby so others won't judge us based on what they do. I just liked watching another MD show.

Cheap Thrills
02-29-2012, 02:19 PM

Amen to that Brother .

Toadman
02-29-2012, 03:26 PM
A lot of thier finds were way overpriced. I think in time they will show how to dig a plug though....No newbie wants a boring first show, And i think that was thier target audience... time will tell...

Epi-hunter
02-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Newbies are exactly the people who need to learn how to dig a plug, boring or not.

Not to mention that it would be nice if the general public were not led to believe that detectorists dig those kind of holes. Because if that impression becomes widespread we can start crossing public parks as well as many private properties off our list, as they will suddenly become off-limits to detectorists.

HERE (http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=9027.0) is another thread discussing this show.

Toadman
02-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Ya but, if they took a whole show, to show how to dig a plug, Most wouldn't have watched the second show.. Digging a nice plug is kinda an art..Ya can't learn it from 18 minutes of air time.. Ground conditions and all. But in order to keep the hate mail to a minimum, they will show proper technique soon..

Epi-hunter
02-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Ya but, if they took a whole show, to show how to dig a plug, Most wouldn't have watched the second show.. Digging a nice plug is kinda an art..Ya can't learn it from 18 minutes of air time.. Ground conditions and all. But in order to keep the hate mail to a minimum, they will show proper technique soon..

Oh come on. First of all, digging a plug didn't take me 18 minutes of illustration to figure out. Think common sense and responsibility, with the intent of not wanting to damage ground. It's a no brainer. Learning how to dig a plug should be as simple as having enough common sense to avoid damaging ground, and experimenting for five minutes in the field on how best to do that.

I would hope most people have common sense, although perhaps I am just not acquainted with reality. The ones who don't get it are the people whose holes I fill every single time I go detecting. You can't fix stupid.

Not the point, though. I didn't say they should illustrate how to dig a plug. I just said they should NOT illustrate terrible technique and how NOT to dig a hole... among other things. That is what gives metal detecting a bad rap. Do you not see that?

Seriously, do you think they are going to get an 'ah ha!' moment and suddenly air an instructional episode on plug-digging anytime soon? Even if they do it to keep the hate mail to a minimum, that's like closing the barn door after the horses have already escaped.

Certainly these people producing this show are not stupid enough that they don't know what kind of reaction to expect from people who actually take this hobby seriously. It's just like any extreme reality show out there... they don't care what is right, they just want to profit from extreme reactions, no matter what those reactions are.

JTGOLD
02-29-2012, 08:36 PM
will check it out,thank you.

Toadman
02-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow........

Epi-hunter
02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Wow........

I know, right? :poke: :yes: lol

My points weren't specifically directed at you Greg, but at people in general who think this is not going to damage the hobby. I live in the South where things are very conservative and the public opinion is quite different from where I was born and raised (Midwest) and from the Northeast. This is a very conservative area and I would image it just gets more so as one travels further south. It would not take much to completely reverse any progress that has been made in the last couple of decades in these areas.

Many people have stated how detectorists who didn't fill in their holes led to cities and even entire counties of parks becoming off-limits for detecting. In the case of Iowa, where I lived all my life until the past 5 years, a state-wide restriction was enacted on all Iowa state parks because of one complaint.

Now we are talking about the same thing, only on a nationally broadcasted level to people who don't understand metal detecting in general and have never been introduced to it. You never get a second chance to make a first impression... and this show will make a widespread first impression, mark my words. We are already fighting a difficult battle; this just makes it harder.

It's just my two wheaties, so keep that in mind. Just an expression of my own opinion.

Spiderwort
03-01-2012, 07:41 AM
I stumbled onto the show by accident and enjoyed it. The first one was shot out west at an old prison and family ranch. Digging a sloppy hole among cow pies while a bull is staring you down might be excused and explainable. The second show was in coastal South Carolina on the beach and an old plantation. The sloppiness exhibited at the old plantation was discouraging. They had some interesting finds, but at the end i had an uneasy feeling that some damage to the hobby was done. Thanks guys.

Fire Fighter 43
03-01-2012, 09:39 PM
I was excited that we finally had a show airing about our hobby. I thought maybe it would be a little more professional than their DVDs but it wasnt. I was disappointed with the show as a whole. The digging was sloppy at best and it was fuel for any archeologist that dislikes our hobby. The other thing I did not like was the sale of finds at the end where they showed the cash being exchanged for some of there finds. I do not disagree with selling finds but it just made it look like it was about the money. 2 :thumbsdown: from me.

DAN03USMC
03-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Epi-Hunter, I could not agree with you more! Bad news goes' round the world, while good news is still getting it's pants on in the morning. Don't think for one minute that the anti's won't use this as a tool to bring are hobby to an end. I don't care if the guy's were digging holes in their back yards on THEIR own property, it is the perception that veiwers are left with.
Rick, I have seen you dig, and your holes are immaculate. Just because you do the right thing, don't think that someone else can't spoil it for you. Even, if I am at the beach, and know the tide will wash away any signs of digging, I still pamper the ground to erase my holes. It is just the right thing to do. Every one of us is an ambassador to the hobby, and all others will be judged by the lowest common denominator.
Are we making a big deal out of nothing, I don't think so. I am also a hunter and I see the way anti hunters use things like this to try stop hunting. Goebbels used to say if you repeat a lie often enough it will become truth and The more outrageous the lie the quicker. All we need is for it to become believed that metal detecterists are bad. It does't matter how they come to that conclusion, it is hard to undo an opinion once made.
I don't know anything about these guys, and would hope to think they are good to the hobby. If one person comes away with a negative impression, they are now doing an injustice to the hobby. You would think that they would know this, and go over the top to try and explain how and why we dig the proper way.
Epi-hunter, just like you, I have come across poorly dug holes. some of which in highly visible public areas. It makes me cringe. I want to leave then and there, as to not get blamed for it. Last year I had a woman come up to me and ask what I was doing. She told me I was wrong and bad for doing it. I asked her why...she couldn't tell me. She just thought it was bad. Can you imagine her reaction if I had left poorly dug holes?
HH, Dan

Chicago Ron
03-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I did watch both episodes of diggers. I too was disturbed by there apparent lack of pointing out the proper way of doing things and would like to have seen more focus on the history and less on the value. It was entertaining in a monty python way. Too silly

I just did a show with National Geographic channel, this program was designed by Nat Geo not some other production company. It was very profesional and focused on the historical value if the finds. I do show some of my better finds coins and jewlery.
The show is called Treasure on the Thames, Lucky Muckers and aires on Nat Geo channel on March 20th at :crazy:m Eastern. I work with the Mudlarks on the river Thames in London. Down and Dirty!

I am in negotiations with several channels for a show, I am not sure of the format of the show yet. I do know it won't be like diggers.

Here is a copy of my responce through my agent to a production company that wants me for a show.

I really appreciate your in depth reply.
I am aware of the necessary steps and the necessity
of doing a demo for a network.
... I also believe that you have made your point that
Ron is highly regarded among treasure hunters
with a lot of appeal for a show.
Ron does have some concerns, as to the overall concept
of the show. He has an excellent reputation
in the rather tight knit treasure hunting community for several reasons.
He respects the environment, rather than disrupts it for personal gain.
He values the historical significance of many of his finds, with several
of the found items having been donated to museums. He also attempts
to return valuable items that are found to the rightful owner.
He does not care for the way treasure hunters are portrayed, for instance,
on Nat Geo's Diggers, as the hunters on the show do not
portray taking reasonable care while digging. It is such actions
that have the ability to hurt the hobby, as well as the environment.
Is the show going to be hunter against hunter for the most valuable find?
Ron is interested in a show that would put treasure hunting in the best light.
That is one of the reasons why he also has a high quality treasure hunting
equipment company sponsoring him, and giving him high tech equipment
both to use personally, and to award to others at sponsored events.
Since this would be an important step for Ron, I would appreciate you
perhaps being able to elaborate a bit further on the concept for the show.
Thank you so much.

I would love to do a show on detecting, I believe I have a contagious passion for the hobby.
But I will not represent it poorly, not for any price!

Thanks
Chicago Ron
Ron Guinazzo

POKIE73
03-03-2012, 12:32 PM
i have seen your videos and enjoyed all of them i like the ones on the beach the best would like to learn that myself dennis

Bell-Two
03-03-2012, 11:40 PM
I just watched the two episodes of Diggers and I must say it exceeded my expectations...it was worse than I thought it could be. Now I hope we all have fun while we detect, I know I do but to have our hobby represented by a couple of guys who humor is slightly less than a fart joke makes me shudder. I understand it is all a put on, exaggerations for effect. Just like so many of these reality shows they have nothing to do with the truth. We all saw their techniques and heard all the cute and cloying nicknames for their finds enough to make anyone with a modicum of experience feel a bit queasy. Have you noticed everything has to be a contest now, cooking shows, storage wars, clothes designing, and even the Trump saying Your Fired. The real gist of so many of these shows is that anyone watches can say At least I'm not that stupid! Now I don't think that this show will have a real negative impact on the hobby, I don't think it will last and I don't think it will be watched by many people. It is just the attitude that everything has to be juiced up to use their vernacular makes me understand the wisdom of the iconoclastic newspaper man H. L. Mencken when he said No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public. Now this is another of my avocations that is getting trashed by entertainment media, as a Master level Chessplayer I always paid attention to how Chess and Chessplayers are portrayed in the media, generally it was two ways either as some brainy champion, who was playing absurd moves with the pieces incorrectly set up, or as some nerdish twit who seems social inept and barely above a hyena in manners. I do not know which is worse being portrayed in such a manner or as in this Diggers show as buffoons.

I am not casting aspersions on the detectorist, I am sure they are being paid a goodly sum to play their japeish roles no more or no less than any other actor. Andy Warhol may have been quite right that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame, I sincerly hope that is all that is coming for this show.

JTGOLD
03-04-2012, 01:02 PM
bummer I don't get that chanel.

Zip Zip
03-04-2012, 07:18 PM
JT you didn't miss much.The general public will get the opinion (from watching that show) the we are a bunch of idiots.$1.00 ea for 30-06 Blank rounds? gimmie a break. Bad show.Bad example of our hobby. Shame Shame Nat Geo Channel ! I thought they had better taste than that....

Bell-Two
03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Chicago Ron said

I would love to do a show on detecting, I believe I have a contagious passion for the hobby.

Thanks
Chicago Ron
Ron Guinazzo

Now that is a show I will watch! I do not know Ron personally but only through his videos and website, even without overtly stating it his passion and love of metal detecting shine through. Thanks Ron!!

Toadman
03-04-2012, 10:46 PM
I love to have a BLAST while detecting ! :perfect10: The funner the better ! My buddy Scott and I rank on each others 'family' members, we punch each other, Push each other over when one has just dug a way cool find, Heck, we even have a song for the great hits that turn out to be crap.. I hanker for a hunka... happydance02 I've seen him fall in a swolen almost frozen river, AND keep DETECTING ! .. I started this hobby for the thrill of finding old stuff..Then I started learning the history of this cool stuff, and got addicted.. Then i met Scott.. never met the dude, and met him on another M.D site, we went out in my boat to a small island, Before I left, I told my wife about what i knew about this guy before i ended up M,I,A from some PSYCHO.. ! :shocked04: Today, getting out, with anyone i've met on forums, is just the same killer fun ! Finding the goods everytime is awesome, but sometimes, it's just getting out with a friend that counts.. rain, shine, snow, sleet, none of it matters, we've been out in below zero, with a wind off the water, that just chills you to the bone, heck, my brand new truck couldn't take all the ice blowing in off the pond, and stalled out a mile down the road,, It was still a GREAT day ! Scott got an indian, and I got a wheat.. I don't recall what Bowser got that day.. it was freezing, and I don't think he made the whole hunt, Close though..I've watched both shows three times, and besides the 'calling' of items, and BAD 'acting' if you will.. I would hunt with them dudes ANYTIME ! I also looked at thier plugs, yes three times, and for the places they were at, and what we see of thier plugs ...after.. they dig, with 10 years exp behind them both.. They wouldn't leave divots.. I mean, how, or why would they, ? Dan posted earlier, that my plugs were great, The day I was with him at the 'horse place' I was ashamed of my plugs, But didn't want to stop digging.. The ground was very very dry, and a good plug was not in the cards, the next day, I hit a schoolyard, and never dug again where people could see my summer digging mistakes..Ive hit parks, and have seen these little brown spots everywhere.. at the beginning, I didn't know what they were, but when i realized, I never went back, didn't want to be blamed.., Keep it fun kids !! Otherwise, it's like a job...
J.M.H.O......

Epi-hunter
03-04-2012, 11:02 PM
I love to have a BLAST while detecting ! :perfect10: The funner the better ! My buddy Scott and I rank on each others 'family' members, we punch each other, Push each other over when one has just dug a way cool find, Heck, we even have a song for the great hits that turn out to be crap.. I hanker for a hunka... happydance02 I've seen him fall in a swolen almost frozen river, AND keep DETECTING ! .. I started this hobby for the thrill of finding old stuff..Then I started learning the history of this cool stuff, and got addicted.. Then i met Scott.. never met the dude, and met him on another M.D site, we went out in my boat to a small island, Before I left, I told my wife about what i knew about this guy before i ended up M,I,A from some PSYCHO.. ! :shocked04: Today, getting out, with anyone i've met on forums, is just the same killer fun ! Finding the goods everytime is awesome, but sometimes, it's just getting out with a friend that counts.. rain, shine, snow, sleet, none of it matters, we've been out in below zero, with a wind off the water, that just chills you to the bone, heck, my brand new truck couldn't take all the ice blowing in off the pond, and stalled out a mile down the road,, It was still a GREAT day ! Scott got an indian, and I got a wheat.. I don't recall what Bowser got that day.. it was freezing, and I don't think he made the whole hunt, Close though..I've watched both shows three times, and besides the 'calling' of items, and BAD 'acting' if you will.. I would hunt with them dudes ANYTIME ! I also looked at thier plugs, yes three times, and for the places they were at, and what we see of thier plugs ...after.. they dig, with 10 years exp behind them both.. They wouldn't leave divots.. I mean, how, or why would they, ? Dan posted earlier, that my plugs were great, The day I was with him at the 'horse place' I was ashamed of my plugs, But didn't want to stop digging.. The ground was very very dry, and a good plug was not in the cards, the next day, I hit a schoolyard, and never dug again where people could see my summer digging mistakes..Ive hit parks, and have seen these little brown spots everywhere.. at the beginning, I didn't know what they were, but when i realized, I never went back, didn't want to be blamed.., Keep it fun kids !! Otherwise, it's like a job...
J.M.H.O......

What does any of this have to do with anything related to the topic at hand?

You are welcome to make a fun time of detecting among yourself and your buddies as much as you want. The issue here is the public display of such, in terms of disrespect and misunderstanding, in the forum of nationally televised deliverance, and the impact that has. How difficult is that to understand?

Ill Digger
03-04-2012, 11:26 PM
I had to work crying01
But a buddy recorded it on his DVR for me thumbsup01...... :->
Well I finally got a chance to see the show.... :rolleyes: :barf:
Everything that's been stated here is spot on! :yes: Having a little foresight from the forum before viewing it just confirmed my worst fears. \:[ These guys have got to be the worst.......well, close to, the worst possible candidates that could've been chosen to represent our hobby. I've hunted with lots of detectorists and not one of them ever was running around yelling like a little kid shouting out incorrect identifications of objects found..I got JUICE! I got roundness!I got Civ I got Cologne \:hammer: Except the time my three year old niece told her mom she found a quarter when she watched me dig up a dime. lol I personally can't wait to see what Ron Chicago Ron's show will be like. :-> With the way he portrays himself and the hobby on his YouTube videos, it can only go from great to outstanding. I haven't seen or heard anything about American Diggers yet though :-\

Toadman
03-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Guess i'm totally wrong.. make sure you don't have any fun..keep it real :clapping:

Ill Digger
03-04-2012, 11:48 PM
I haven't seen or heard anything about American Diggers yet though :-\
I did a little search. It will air on March 21st on SpikeTV.
http://www.spike.com/shows/american-digger

Epi-hunter
03-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Guess i'm totally wrong.. make sure you don't have any fun..keep it real :clapping:

It has NOTHING to do with individually having fun. It has everything to do with our being able to continue to do so as a hobby. It's bigger than just you or someone else having fun. It is about our continuing ability to have fun!!!

Some people will never get the bigger picture. That's fine. It takes all kinds. :yes:

Bell-Two
03-05-2012, 11:50 AM

I am not against fun, gosh if you have ever seen any of my videos you know we have fun, but as you said keep it real....there was no reality in that show, every incident was calculated to be kitsch...saying as much as being real can't be fun. Life is great in and of itself nothing wrong with a natural reaction. If you enjoyed that is fine. De gustibus non disputandum est

Toadman
03-05-2012, 12:46 PM
It definately takes all kinds..... <: :happydance01: happydance02 NO fun allowed
:girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry:

RaZR
03-05-2012, 04:07 PM
We don't care if you act like a fool when you're detecting. We just ask that if you see a camera crew coming towards you stop what you're doing and run home and hide!
If the people where you live think that all detectorists are goofballs that's not as bad as if everyone in the U.S. does.

Nobody said you couldn't have fun, but if you're gonna act like a clown then you should wear the clown makeup. That way people will only ban clowns from metal detecting. And the rest of us can keep enjoying the hobby. rofl

Toadman
03-05-2012, 05:59 PM
LOL !!!! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

BOWSER
03-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I was dissapointed ,i didn't expect the show detectorists to be as silly as they were.I am a serious no nonsesence detectorist especially when i get lost in the woods for a day and end up goin home cryin and empty handed

jkress
03-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Finally checked it out. crying01

Although I completely agree everyone should have fun while pursuing their hobby, 'fun' is not my concern with this show.

These guys represented our hobby to the rest of the country in a very careless, reckless and irresponsible manner.
Much what I would expect from a couple of 12 year olds having fun with a video camera and a shovel.

Sure, if this show had been labeled a sitcom... no big deal. But comedies are not what I normally expect to view from the National Geographic network.

I dread the day I knock on a door of an old property seeking permission to detect and hear the home owner say...
Yeah, I watched that show 'Diggers' about you guys... :crying02:

CODY
03-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzee, talking about a P______G contest! Hey! How many of you go back to a site, say two weeks after you hunted it. Say after a good rain or two. I think you would be suprised! Better carry a bag of dirt with you!

Toadman
03-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Ya can tell the conditions at the old estate were very dry.. Tough to dig a plug in that stuff

BOWSER
03-07-2012, 10:27 PM
I might be wrong but, i think the american public is smart enough to realise that some of these shows on tv are highly exagerated and contrived,i'm not gonna worry about it anytime soon.

jkress
03-07-2012, 10:41 PM
I might be wrong but, i think the american public is smart enough to realise that some of these shows on tv are highly exagerated and contrived,i'm not gonna worry about it anytime soon.

Let's hope so... either way this show has brought more attention to our hobby.

After viewing the first two episodes of Diggers, Iowa's State archaeologist John Doershuk posted a review to the American Cultural Resources Association listserv, in which he lamented: The most damaging thing, I think, about this show is that no effort was made to document where anything came from or discussion of associations—each discovered item was handled piece-meal.

It was ironic that they [the show's on-air diggers] are destroying the entire basis of what they're interested in, Doershuk told Science Insider by phone. These are non-renewable sources. There's only so many of them from these time periods.

The archaeological community is trying to make its views known. In addition to Facebook petitions, professional societies such as SAA have sent letters of condemnation to Spike TV and National Geographic. (Copies of the SAA letters are on its Web site.) Limp said Tuesday on the SAA listserv that Spike TV had not yet responded to its concerns. He wrote that National Geographic indicated that it would place a disclaimer into its show that affirms there are laws in place protecting archaeological and historic sites.

Despite the treasure-hunting theme of both shows, neither appears to be violating federal and state regulations against unlawful obtainment of antiquities. The on-air fortune seekers are not venturing into National Parks or other federal lands, but dig on private property. If property owners sign off, then it is legal--landowners can do whatever they choose with artifacts found on their land. That's the argument Shana Tepper, spokesperson for Spike TV, made to ScienceInsider. &quot:daydream:ur show is shot on private property, she said. They're getting artifacts that are otherwise rotting in the ground.

But archaeologists remain concerned. These programs encourage looting, University of Colorado, Boulder, archaeologist Steve Lekson wrote in an e-mail to ScienceInsider. National Geographic's imprimatur also rankles some. Its reputation as a credible scientific and educational institution effectively normalizes the looting aspect of its show, says Washington State University archaeologist William Lipe.

Ill Digger
03-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Ya can tell the conditions at the old estate were very dry.. Tough to dig a plug in that stuff
It did look kinda dry. But that was a far cry from any true attempt at cutting a plug.
It was more like stab and flip, stab and flip :rolleyes: 8/ Good luck getting all that dirt back in the hole.
Not to mention, how do you replace a plug that's in 3,4,5, or 6 pieces? :shocked04: :crazy:

wingmaster
03-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Well doing a show or not if the condition of the ground is that dry then they shouldn't have been detecting a well manicured lawn, the last couple years here in Indiana I've had some real nice yards to detect that I didn't get to do yet because of being so dry in the summer and fall. Some of the owners said they didn't care about the lawns but I told them I did and would get back to them latter, a little respect for others property goes along way and that kind of respect will be probably be shared with neighbors and others in the community. HH

tanacat
03-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Chicago Ron said

Thanks
Chicago Ron
Ron Guinazzo

Now that is a show I will watch! I do not know Ron personally but only through his videos and website, even without overtly stating it his passion and love of metal detecting shine through. Thanks Ron!!

Now where is that crossed-fingers smiley?? :thinkingabout:

I still haven't seen the show, but after reading this thread I'm pretty convinced that we need a better representation... :-\

Tony Two-Cent
03-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Now where is that crossed-fingers smiley?? :thinkingabout:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/Smilies/893crossfingers-thumb.gif

:grin:

Napa Steve
03-10-2012, 11:51 PM
I watched both episodes and did think they were a little goofy, the show was entertaining and thats what its all about. I plan on watching the rest of the episodes, it sure beats alot of those other reality shows out there.

Zip Zip
03-12-2012, 06:37 PM
I think Toady liked it cuz the one guy wore a dress LOL. rofl Dresses are cool rick (on a forum not on TV) rofl .
(for new people here) Toad lost a bet once (maybe twice) and had to post a pic on one forum wearing a dress,,,Oh BTW Toad has nice legs rofl )

Toadman
03-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Lol!! I had to do it again this past super bowl ! Black mini skirt.. :blush: :blush:

RobW
03-14-2012, 10:27 AM
I think the point is......you don't have to do an expose on how to dig a hole the right way....just do it, and be respectful of the people and place where you got permission.

Zip Zip
03-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Lol!! I had to do it again this past super bowl ! Black mini skirt.. :blush: :blush:

Ya Nut rofl

Toadman
03-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Yikes.. just saw the ads for the new show......... :crying02: crying01 :lipssealed: :blush: :embarrassed:

aloldstuff
03-15-2012, 02:49 PM
I have pasted a link.

http://www.anacondatreasure.com/ethics.html

Even though this link says a lot, how many people will go thru the effort to find this.