PDA

View Full Version : Getting permission.

CODY
02-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, I just got turned down for the first time. crying01 Kinda made me mad. >:/ Made me want to go out and find some more. I had found an empty lot that sat behind an old abandoned school. It had a For Sale sign on it, with a real estate co number. I called them last week. Got a hold of a really nice guy who told me that the owner of the property had moved to Co. He said he didn't think the guy would mind and that he would call him. I went to get a haircut this morning and had just sat down in the chair when my phone rang. It was the real estae guy. He told me the owner had finally called him back and told him he would rather I didn't. Because of liability reasons. :crazy: Oh well, it is what it is. While I was getting the hair cut. A guy comes in I know. Worked with him on the fire dept years ago. And it hit me, 8/ I remember this guy owning some rental houses. We start talking and I ask about hunting his rental property. At the time we retired from the FD he owned seven or eight houses. To my surprise he now owns thirty! :clapping: Gave me permission to hunt them all. Only condition is if I find something we can both retire on to split it with him LOL. You may get a no for an answer, but there is always something else around the corner. |:cheering:

POKIE73
02-28-2012, 05:23 PM
that sounds almost like you got your work cut out for you good luck on them yards dennis

FatNakedGuy
02-28-2012, 07:47 PM
soooo... those lots with nothing on them (but beer cans and trash)... i should be asking permission? oooooopsies..

aloldstuff
02-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Cody, first off I just noticed your new avitar...good one. Looks like you found the bright side of the day with your friends 30 properties. It's tuff to get by the liability issue with some people.

MassDirtFisher
02-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Cody, I have had many many many people tell me no. At first It made me a little upset, but it truly is a numbers game. For every 10 houses I will have one yes. It never hurts to ask. The best places to ask are larger plots of land, like fields or farms. Many of the farmers and field owners dont mind at all. Just keep your head up and act confident, look em right in the eye and shake their hand. Dont worry about the no people. There are plenty of yes people. Have fun and Happy Hunting!!