PDA

View Full Version : Just had my first good chance to use my E-trac

Spike
03-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Well if you call 3in of snow good lol but it was not frozen.The site was loaded with iron and I was tring to run pretty hot 28 manual it seemed ok but noisy so I tried auto +3 then it seemed to separate the iron better is that right and how much depth do I lose in auto. By the way I think I am going to love my E-trac only found a 1953 nickel and 2 wheates 1912 and 17 but one was with a big nail thumbsup01 .

coinnut
03-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Well if you call 3in of snow good lol but it was not frozen.The site was loaded with iron and I was tring to run pretty hot 28 manual it seemed ok but noisy so I tried auto +3 then it seemed to separate the iron better is that right and how much depth do I lose in auto. By the way I think I am going to love my E-trac only found a 1953 nickel and 2 wheates 1912 and 17 but one was with a big nail thumbsup01 .

Hey Spike. Auto +3 is what I run when I try an area with lots of iron. Get used to the machine and then pump the sensitivity lol It does get pretty good depth in auto+3. I have found some smaller buttons at 7+. Soil composition and number of unwanted targets plays a role too. In the heavy iron you should try to go incredibly slow. It's painful at first, but you will notice some signals pop right through the iron null. I can only stand it in Ferrous sounds 2 tones when in heavy iron. It will take you a while to trust the depth. Remember, because of the way Minelabs operate, they test poorly in air tests. They need to see the ground. They are only average at best on a air test.
Also remember that the coin pattern discriminates out silver dollars and maybe halves too. It wasn't designed in America lol You have to edit out the Cthumbsup011-40 - Cthumbsup011-44. But
I prefer to just run mine wide open except for lines FE 31 -35 disced out. Hope this helps.

Spike
03-01-2010, 07:24 PM
I was using farrous 2 tone but forgot to accept 1-40 -1-44 :bangahead01:guess it's a good thing rusthunter didnt find any halves or dollars from behind me- I would not have ever lived it down :poke: :bop:

Epi-hunter
03-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Auto +3 gives you very decent depth.

In a high iron area I see the point of running in ferrous but otherwise I think conductive is much better with this machine. I personally like lots of tones ;) but the man George does very well using only two, so who am I to argue lol

Silver halves come in at 1-2/48. (Or so I'm told lol ) so don't disc those out.

Spike
03-01-2010, 07:48 PM
I like the 2 tone better for now its not so overwhelming and I still have the headphones that came with it multi tones would probably make me go deaf

i

coinnut
03-01-2010, 07:55 PM
but the man George does very well using only two, so who am I to argue lol

Silver halves come in at 1-2/48. (Or so I'm told lol ) so don't disc those out.

lol I find what Del allows me to find rofl

There are a couple of spots in that 01 thru 12 FE lines , especially CO's of 46-48 that need to be open. It's kinda a jagged area that accepts halves, large cents and other good targets. I had a large cent read 01-48 and would not drift from that number. Even when removed from the ground, the highest it came in was 06-46. Odd signal. I dug it because the tone was very strong and persistant and I have never seen them numbers. So I tend to run most of the screen wide open in cellar holes. Now in parks, I would do as Angie says or else :bop: :bop: :crying02: I would run conductive since it seems to stick better and I would run Andy's program or Angel's program with multi.

Spike
03-01-2010, 08:09 PM
You to fine gentleman wouldnt PM your park settings and pattern ideas would you :drool:

coinnut
03-01-2010, 08:57 PM
You to fine gentleman wouldnt PM your park settings and pattern ideas would you :drool:

Hey Spike - Of course not rofl Who'd give up their settings for free when you can write a book lol lol Actually Angel has posted his settings in this section at the top of the page (sticky) E Trac user's settings and programs. See Angel's column in blue called My Preferred This would be your park program.
I'm not done working on mine but presently I use quick mask and I can easily disc out FE lines 31-35. That's my pattern. I then load it into smart screen so I can see both the recommended sensitivity and the one I am running. You can also toggle between manual and auto there as well. The important control settings are Sens Auto+3, Deep on, Fast on, Trash Density - high, Ground - difficult, Ferrous sounds - 2 Tones. that's pretty much it on my iron program. But I am always changing it for the areas I am in, so don't be shy and try things. When you find a deep target, don't dig it. Mark it and then start changing settings one by one. If one doesn't help, turn it back and try another :yes: That's really it. And all that for just $19.95 ($31.95 For the hard copy) rofl rofl :rolleyes:

Spike
03-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks I cant say it enough you guys and gal are a big help.