PDA

View Full Version : Some nice coins before I got the boot!!!

coop
02-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Knocked on the door of an old house today and got permission to detect from the owner then about an hour and a half later his wife pulls in and walks over and tells me to get off of her property right now!!!!! I tried to explain and she told me she didn't care and to leave now!!!!! Unfortunately I was in the middle of digging a deep quarter signal. >:# Oh well at least I made a few good finds before I got the boot. The 2 center was from the last hunt. There's a lot more coins that I found in the video. Thanks for watching HH Video # 12 for 2012, Amazing dug coins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9f3VBo1xq8#)

del
02-29-2012, 06:00 PM
some great coins ,Coop . the soil is very forgiving out your way. hey when you comming out this way to do some colonial cellar huntin?? George and i will take you to some spots .

Dan

Epi-hunter
02-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Nice finds coop!! So you had permission from the owner but not his wife? She didn't believe that you had obtained permission?

Sorry to hear you were booted. :-\

milco
02-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Sweet finds! So the husband gives you the green light and the wife kicks you out? I would hate to be in that household that evening, ouch!

Full Metal Digger
02-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Nice finds Coop, looks like that yard has lots to offer. Maybe you can go back and sweet-talk the wife. Also, did you get a penny grand slam (or better)?

aloldstuff
02-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Some great finds Coop. I had the same thing happen to me. The husband whose grandmother once owned the home gave me permission. I actually had found a very nice silver cross which I gave to the husband and he told me that it was his grandmothers. So now the wife comes home and freaks out, so I got the boot.

Congrats on a very nice mix of keepers, and thanks for another nice video.

angellionel
02-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Personally, I would like some clarification. Were you detecting on private property without permission? I'm not quite clear on that part from your post, though your mentioning the owner would suggest that you did. A bit of clarification would help however.

Just as a reminder to all, please refer to item #10 of the forum rules (http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=141.0).

coop
02-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Personally, I would like some clarification. Were you detecting on private property without permission? I'm not quite clear on that part from your post, though your mentioning the owner would suggest that you did. A bit of clarification would help however.

Just as a reminder to all, please refer to item #10 of the forum rules (http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=141.0).
Sorry about that. I got permission from the husband and then about an hour and a half later a car pulls in and a women walks over and tells me to get off of her property right now!!!!! I tried to explain and she told me she didn't care and to leave now!!!!!

angellionel
02-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Sorry about that. I got permission from the husband and then about an hour and a half later a car pulls in and a women walks over and tells me to get off of her property right now!!!!! I tried to explain and she told me she didn't care and to leave now!!!!!

Thanks coop. Angie and I appreciate the clarification. thumbsup01 We just want to make sure that visitors and members new to detecting not walk away with the wrong impression about detectorists in general. We already have our challenges to deal with on that end.

JTGOLD
02-29-2012, 08:27 PM
great finds and nice video,gg.

coop
02-29-2012, 09:45 PM
some great coins ,Coop . the soil is very forgiving out your way. hey when you comming out this way to do some colonial cellar huntin?? George and i will take you to some spots .

Dan
Hi Dan, Cant wait ta come out. Just waiting on Steve to set the date. Im excited Ive never got to hunt a real colonial cellar hole! The oldest house in my town is 1820s, HH coop

del
02-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi Dan, Cant wait ta come out. Just waiting on Steve to set the date. Im excited Ive never got to hunt a real colonial cellar hole! The oldest house in my town is 1820s, HH coop

it would be nice to finally meet you in person Coop , i'm just hoping Steve , George and I can all find the time to all get out with you to hit some sites . i'll be looking toward it .

Dan

Cheap Thrills
02-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Wow !! you sure did good while the getting was good . I very much enjoyed your video and pictures also . :cool:

AmxFred
02-29-2012, 11:02 PM
My dream is to just dig one of the coins you dug on your video. Totally awesome! <: Congratulations!

Ill Digger
03-01-2012, 12:08 AM
8/ Oh man! I know that feeling :rolleyes: The same exact thing happen to me once. But opposite sides of the marriage. :-\ The wife said yes and about 3 or 4 hours later the hubby pulls in with a pizza and said I had to leave. :dontknow: I too tried to explain but he wasn't having any of what I had to say. \:hammer: crying01 Of course I wasn't pulling flying eagles or drapped bust LCs either :rolleyes: But it stunk anyways :crying02:
At least you were able find a couple of nice keepers before you got the boot thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

jkress
03-01-2012, 01:39 AM
:clapping: Nice digs coop. :peace: I'd love to add those coins to my collection.

Too bad about the permission situation. crying01 At least you grabbed a few before the hoop-la-la.

Great video too. :yes:

CODY
03-01-2012, 04:13 AM
Man, that stinks! Oh well you still made some great finds. Congrats.

POKIE73
03-01-2012, 06:13 AM
looks like you made the best of a bad situation anyway great finds i cant imagine what you would have come up with if you got to hunt longer great job in the short time you had dennis

RobW
03-01-2012, 09:00 AM
:shocked04:...those are some great finds Coop!...as always! |:confused:)

Fire Fighter 43
03-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Wow those are some great finds. Sorry that you got the boot, I guess we know who the boss is in that relationship. Keep that one on your list maybe they will sell someday.

skrapman
03-07-2012, 07:16 AM
WOW, those were some sweet finds for only an hour and a half. Too bad the wife didn't agree with the husband but at least you saved some great finds. The soil is kind to copper. WTG :clapping: :clapping: