PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Iowa

badmojoman
03-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Hello! New the the forum and detecting. I bought my son a Tesoro Compadre and myself a Teknetics Delta 4000 for Christmas.
Nice to meet you,
Craig from Iowa

Epi-hunter
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Welcome |:cheering: We have quite a few members from Iowa here, including myself (born and raised in eastern Iowa, then lived in Iowa City for past 25 years before coming to KY a few years ago).

Looking forward to seeing your posts! Glad your son enjoys the hobby too thumbsup01

Jeff (or)
03-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Sounds like you are set for a fun summer of detecting, welcome to American Detectorist! :cool:

aloldstuff
03-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Welcome from western MA. Glad you found this forum and look forward to you and your sons finds. Every time you go out detecting its like a treasure hunt.

randy
03-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. Iowa seems to have a ton of old coins based on other members' posts, hope you get your share, and keep us posted.

Fire Fighter 43
03-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the forum Craig from SE Wisconsi, glad to see you found us. Good luck to you and your son in 2012. HH

Tony Two-Cent
03-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Welcome to the forum from central Illinois! Glad to have you here! We can't wait to hear about your finds, old coins seem to weather well in that Iowa soil.

Best of luck to you and your son! Happy Hunting!

CODY
03-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Welcome from Mississippi. Will be looking forward to your post and finds.

Ill Digger
03-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Hey Craig :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:
I can't wait to hear about you and your sons adventures :->

del
03-03-2012, 12:57 AM
hello Craig , welcome to American Detectorist , sounds like you and your son will have some good times this year with those machines and i wish you the best . glad you found us here .

Dan

jkress
03-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Welcome to forum badmojoman. It's nice to have you here with us. :clapping:
I'm hunting Iowa ground too. :clapping: Plenty of goodies in the ground to keep you busy. thumbsup01
Where are you located?

Lowjiber
03-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada.

OxShoeDrew
03-03-2012, 01:55 PM
You picked out a couple very nice machines. I wish you and your son good luck with the hunts. |:cheering:

jcbdc
03-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Glad to have you join our group! I plan to return to Iowa this spring to look for my mother in laws class ring she lost while teaching.. Now a corn field!
You and your son will enjoy this hobby.

Jcbdc

dene97
03-06-2012, 02:45 AM
Thought I'd piggy-back my intro and save some space...
Greetings from Idaho! After spending most of the winter re-re-reading post after post, I'm anxious for a patch or 2 of thawed ground and a dry day to apply some of the knowledge I've gleaned from this excellent site.
Thanks to all the MD pioneers for sharing.
Derek
V3i

badmojoman
03-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Thanks guys! We got out today for awhile at a local park. It was 70 degrees today(pretty good for this time of year here) Too much ground to cover in a short time. We found a few pennies and a few dimes. We have found quite a few things since Christmas. The best of the finds were 5 wheats 1 gold class ring and 1 junk ring. He found the rings :clapping:. We had to give the gold one back crying01.

Welcome to forum badmojoman. It's nice to have you here with us. :clapping:
I'm hunting Iowa ground too. :clapping: Plenty of goodies in the ground to keep you busy. thumbsup01
Where are you located?

We are in Grinnell
Thanks again for all of the friendly greetings,
Craig in Iowa

jcbdc
04-04-2012, 02:49 PM
That's not where my mother in law lost hers |:cheering:
Not sure if I can make it before planting time. It would be nice digging it they have disked the field and maybe if crops are up but not too high. Early spring!
Spend a lot of quality time with son, they grow up last. I used to take my son and do about anything he wanted to do. In his late teens he got gasoline and perfume in his nose and started driving and chasing girls!! :loveit:. Now I just see him when he wants something! |:cheering:

Joe

LIBear
04-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the forum from Long Island NY