PDA

View Full Version : thomas edison

kevinslack
03-02-2010, 02:54 PM
went to a new spot today for about 1 hour and found 5 wheat pennys and 1 silver dime and a old metal of thomas edison for his 50th ann

John M
03-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Neat Edison token.I never seen that one before.

coinnut
03-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Real nice Edison token. That was worth the hunt right there. Plus some silver and wheats. We won't mention the big scratch across one of them :embarrassed: Looks like a real nice hunt for just 1 hour :shocked04:stretcher: Great job.

Epi-hunter
03-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Nice finds, and I really love that token! thumbsup01

angellionel
03-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I do like that token, and the silver of course. :yes:

kevinslack
03-02-2010, 10:44 PM
thanks, i hope to be able to show more silver tomorrow, going to try and only dig silver targets, and let the wheats go.

tanacat
03-03-2010, 07:20 PM
I like the Edison token too- is it copper?

kevinslack
03-04-2010, 12:28 AM
yes i think it is, i found it in the same hole with a wheat penny. i have been only digging targets with a co number 39 and higher. but i think i have been letting alot of good targets go. going to start digging some of the lower co numbers to see what i fined.

coinnut
03-04-2010, 07:39 AM
i have been only digging targets with a co number 39 and higher. but i think i have been letting alot of good targets go. going to start digging some of the lower co numbers to see what i fined.

Hate to tell you but Indian Head Pennies come in at a CO of 34 :huh: You are missing them and any gold that you may come across. But that is the trade off everyone must decide on. There is lots of junk in the lower areas also, so it's really a matter of time vs good finds. :-\

tanacat
03-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Hate to tell you but Indian Head Pennies come in at a CO of 34 :huh: You are missing them and any gold that you may come across. But that is the trade off everyone must decide on. There is lots of junk in the lower areas also, so it's really a matter of time vs good finds. :-\

Good to know... I have yet to find an IH... or gold...

coinnut
03-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Good to know... I have yet to find an IH... or gold...

Don't worry tana, you don't have to worry about those CO numbers until you get a Minelab. I think Indians come in somewhere's in the mid 60's on your machine. But gold is everywhere on any machine.

tanacat
03-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Don't worry tana, you don't have to worry about those CO numbers until you get a Minelab. I think Indians come in somewhere's in the mid 60's on your machine. But gold is everywhere on any machine.

okay good to know... rofl rofl Seriously, there's so much to learn! I was kinda embarassed to ask diff between CO and VDI, figured I'd figure it out on my own. But hey, my ego's not so big I can't admit I don't know it all.
Thanks, your little grasshopper... lol

coinnut
03-04-2010, 03:53 PM
okay good to know... rofl rofl Seriously, there's so much to learn! I was kinda embarassed to ask diff between CO and VDI, figured I'd figure it out on my own. But hey, my ego's not so big I can't admit I don't know it all.
Thanks, your little grasshopper... lol

Your welcome grasshopper lol White's uses one number to assign your target to. Like 85 for a quarter. Minelab uses a two system number to assign a target to. Like a ferrous reading (FE) and a conductive reading (CO). So a quarter would read (FE/CO) of 12-46 Now doesn't that make for a confusing situation when switching brands :yes: