PDA

View Full Version : e trac help

POKIE73
03-03-2012, 12:38 PM
does anybody know if ther are videos on starting out with the e trac it can be a little different when you have used other detectors i was wondering if ther was one that took you from the very beginingto the point where you could understand a little i have the book by sabisch and it is helpful but sometimes ti helps to see it done also thanks dennis

Epi-hunter
03-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Like what kind of videos? Just explaining the various adjustments? Or in terms of what the finds sound like?

I am not aware of specific videos but you might try YouTube. I think the best way to learn is just take it out and practice digging. The manual is pretty good and there are threads here explaining in detail what each feature controls (I'm thinking of Angel's very detailed post; I'll look for the link).

POKIE73
03-03-2012, 08:44 PM
its quite a biit different from my xlt i will get thru it what i was looking for was a way to get started i am the kinda person that learns more from seing it done than reading instuctions dennis

Fire Fighter 43
03-03-2012, 08:51 PM
I had found a few helpful videos on You Tube when I first started using the Etrac. I would start there with a search. I would also suggest to start out simple by using the preset programs and make small changes. There is nothing that can compare to just getting out there and digging the different signals to see what's there. good Luck with your new machine.