PDA

View Full Version : They Missed a few

dalewestaby
03-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Hey this is Dale from la crosse WI. Ive had an ACE250 for two years but never get to hunt anywhere old. Last summer i saw some detorists searching a bulldoze house area next to the local college for days straight so I figured it was all hunted out. I heard they are building a parking ramp there this spring so I decided to go there and see if they missed anything. CONSTANT IRON signals. NO matter where you walk, the ground is pure iron. So I just listen to the iron and wait for that sweet sweet chime of a coin to come through. Sometimes its hard to lock on because the high amount of nails in the ground. I will hear Iron ten swipes, then one coin chime, then iron 10 more swipes over the same spot. but look! Digging up nails pays off, about 2 coins an hour. I think the people who hunted this empty lot before me probably had a fancy detector and attempted to discriminate out the nails, inevitably missing all these beauties! The weird part is there hardly any modern money, and the money I find is from 1917-1959, but the bulldozed houses were built in the 1800's

Scroll Right on Picture--------------------------------->------------->

JTGOLD
03-04-2012, 12:44 PM
it hold's true a place is never hunted out,awsome hunt and finds,wtg.

dalewestaby
03-04-2012, 01:34 PM
thnx! :)

POKIE73
03-04-2012, 02:29 PM
this is proof that you can never find it all i dont think that it matters about what detector you use if you go to fast or do not overlap your swings there is always something left behind congrats on your patience it does pay off dennis

randy
03-04-2012, 03:15 PM
That is a nice collection of keepers. No doubt there is more at that site.

jkress
03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Great job at plucking out a bunch of keepers. Those bulldozed sites are definitely challenging to pick through.
Lots of metal... lots of big metal. :twirlingeyes: You did very well.

Congrats on the silver and other goodies. :clapping:

Is the Bicentennial quarter silver? There were many made with 40% silver composition. Never heard of anyone
digging a silver one. :->

aloldstuff
03-04-2012, 06:03 PM
WTG on the clean up. Looks like 5 silvers, few wheats, and I really like the clock key and the token. Congrats on picking thru the nails.

CODY
03-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Sweet find! Congrats on the Silvers. |:cheering: WTG :perfect10: HH

AmxFred
03-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Great hunt! :perfect10:

milco
03-04-2012, 08:17 PM
You did very well at a challenging site! Congrats on all those great finds! The token is a beauty! Spending the time, persistance and knowing your detector, no matter what machine you have is the key, WTG!

Oh and by the way, hello from Milwaukee!

Fire Fighter 43
03-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Congrats on a great hunt, persistence and patients usually pays off WTG |:cheering:

Ill Digger
03-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Go back as long as you can. If they missed this many and you haven't found the really old stuff yet. Chances are it's till there :yes: just hidden in the iron. You did great out there. :yes: :clapping:
Congrats! :grin:
Now go get the oooold goodies :drool: :cheering:
I love the token by the way :drool: :envious: One of my favorite things to find :yes:

zachattack
03-05-2012, 10:41 AM
LOVE IT!!!

I always like to hear Yeah, you ain't gonna find nothin'! I've hunted that place for years...blah..blah..blah

:beerbuddy:

Tony Two-Cent
03-05-2012, 07:44 PM
They missed a few Now there's an understatement! :happydance01:

It looks to me like they missed more than a few! lol

That's a great hunt! Congrats on the nice coins, jewelry and relics! :clapping: