PDA

View Full Version : 4 Coppers and a CoLoNiAl sIlVeR!!

sniffy
03-04-2012, 05:11 PM
So today I had a late start...I was trying to decide where I wanted to unleash the T2. I've been wanting to locate a site that has apparantly been hiding right under my nose for a couple years now. So I drive out to my normal parking spot and realize that there is a half a foot of snow on all my sites.....and to be honest....i just didn't feel like cross country skiing. what to do what to do EUREKA! I've had a field site on stand by now for quite awhile...I retrieved permission and tried it with the prizm but the grass was so high my machine fasled every step so I gave up quickly. This site is one of the main reasons I decided to purchase a new machine. The final straw that broke the camels back. So driving down the road I was pleased to see the landowners vehicles parked in the driveway....pulling up I was greated by a barking dog and 2 of the sons wrenching on a broken plow. I told them who I was and they recalled me being in the field before and said have a ball. There was snow here to which was actually to my advantage, it pushed all the grass further down to the ground. I turned my machine on, hit the settings, ground balanced and started swinging.....automatically signals were blaring...alot of iron but I isolated a button within the first 5 minutes....this was a GREAT sign. The rest of the hunt was nothing short of exciting. It seemed that each signal I dug was either a button or coin. The coppers were all dug simultaneosly. This was awesome. The coppers ended up being...1798 Draped Bust, Fugio Cent, 1724 King George I, and another shot King George I (no date). These were all dug in about 20 minutes. So after my heart slowed down and a couple buttons and broken shoe buckle later I located an awesome solid 92 at 8 inches deep. I knew this was something special, it was such a bright signal and very small when pinpointing. Seeing the shine of silver after diggin 4 early coppers is hard to describe. At first I thought old merc or barber was gonna tease me, but WALLAH....HISPAN was the first thing i seen....1781 reale..Very exciting little peice of silver. Today was a memorable day and hopefully just the beggining of a very productive site. Thanks for lookin folks!

skrapman
03-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Boy what a fabulous hunt, that is what dreams are made of. Were you able to hunt the whole field or is there more. My buddies and
I found a field that was our go to site whenever something fell through, it was about 4 acres.it was very nice to us for almost 2
seasons. Congrats on a spectacular hunt. :perfect10: :perfect10: mike

Ill Digger
03-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Well I guess you made up for the late start... :rolleyes: lol
You found all those old coins in a shortened hunt.....It'll be lucky to find one coin that old...... ever 8/ :envious:
Outstanding finds Jess |:confused:) |:confused:)
Congrats!! :grin:

aloldstuff
03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Again the T2 strikes. Those are some awesome finds. Looks like that field will be keeping you busy for a while. Congrats on all those keepers.

del
03-04-2012, 07:03 PM
:wow: Jesse , sounds like you have a very productive area , probably an old house site (now gone) or a reason that spot would draw people to it. so what you think , the coppers gonna clean up nice or did the fertilizers get enough of them . i hope you can get atleast enough of the fugio to i.d. it . great day Jesse and please keep us updated about the coppers. congrats again . |:confused:) |:confused:)

Dan

sniffy
03-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Boy what a fabulous hunt, that is what dreams are made of. Were you able to hunt the whole field or is there more. My buddies and
I found a field that was our go to site whenever something fell through, it was about 4 acres.it was very nice to us for almost 2
seasons. Congrats on a spectacular hunt. :perfect10: :perfect10: mike
The place is massive...hopefully it DOES produce for a long while like yours did.

sniffy
03-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Well I guess you made up for the late start... :rolleyes: lol
You found all those old coins in a shortened hunt.....It'll be lucky to find one coin that old...... ever 8/ :envious:
Outstanding finds Jess |:confused:) |:confused:)
Congrats!! :grin:
Well I guess sometimes it's all in where your at. I am fortunate to live in the area I do. I'm sure you'll come across somethin old sooner or later.

sniffy
03-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Again the T2 strikes. Those are some awesome finds. Looks like that field will be keeping you busy for a while. Congrats on all those keepers.
Hopefully it does. The T2 is a very sensitive machine.

sniffy
03-04-2012, 07:51 PM
:wow: Jesse , sounds like you have a very productive area , probably an old house site (now gone) or a reason that spot would draw people to it. so what you think , the coppers gonna clean up nice or did the fertilizers get enough of them . i hope you can get atleast enough of the fugio to i.d. it . great day Jesse and please keep us updated about the coppers. congrats again . |:confused:) |:confused:)

Dan
There's an old colonial homesite in the middle of the field. As for the coppers....ugh....they were beaten pretty ruthlessly. The Fugio is in the works......the other 3 have been tossed into the box.....far beyond repair. I'll try to post some pics of the coppers ....cleaned....if thats what you wanna call it.....it's hard to say if i'll ever get a proper ID on the fugio.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-04-2012, 08:41 PM
sweet hunt Jess! hopefully we can get out saturday.set your darn alarm clock!

Fire Fighter 43
03-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Colonial Silver!!!! WTG :perfect10: that Is an amazing find.

Merc
03-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Wow Jess that an amazing hunt. 1 copper is hard enough to find around here let alone 4. great job!

MassDirtFisher
03-05-2012, 08:17 PM
WAY TO GO T2!! Awesome hunt. Looks like we are in store for some killer finds from you two, or T2, or you and your machine. Congrats on a great pile of coins!! Happy Hunting!!

Snapolson
03-05-2012, 10:36 PM
That's a great hunt! Copper, silver, and relics all in one hunt. Congrats!

CODY
03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
:wow: WTG. Some sweet finds. :perfect10: Congrats |:cheering:

Toadman
03-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Gotta love old old old silver !! Great site for sure..... happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02

Civil War Nut
03-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Very nice finds S. Need to do it again .

JTGOLD
03-08-2012, 06:41 PM
very good hunt,wtg.

Rob L
03-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Wo! Those are great finds. If they don't cut the field it might be worth it to take your lawn mower and do it yourself. Just kidding but, a little bit of work may reap you some good rewards.