PDA

View Full Version : SNOWY CELLAR HOLE HUNT * KG III

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Sniffy ditched me for his beauty sleep so,I had to go on a solo hunt.headed back up to 2 sites.nabbed some buttons at 1st site and decided to go back to the gold ring site and see if sniffy's Terminator 2 machine left me anything?
bingo! it did! a King George III.
lucky frog almost got it hibernating under the leaves.Glad i didn't cut him in half.
any idea's on what the trumpet lookin thing might be?
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=182715985172693
*UPDATE* on trumpet lookin thing above
the wooden shelf thingy's were 2 old silver ware trays for a drawer that a friend was gonna toss out.I took em apart.painted the back black.put em back together.added some eyelets,hung em on the wall and hey not too shabby

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-04-2012, 08:49 PM
more pics

Fire Fighter 43
03-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Congrats on the King George and some nice relics. WTG |:cheering:

Full Metal Digger
03-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Congrats on the KG! I really like the display cases. That's a sweet collection of bells you got there!

del
03-05-2012, 03:37 AM
that toad is one lucky amphibian :yes: :yes: how did you not hit him with that mauler of yours :confused: lol lol

so what year is the George :huh: very cool musket ramrod tube . looks like a very sweet hunt Dave :clapping: :clapping:

OxShoeDrew
03-05-2012, 05:17 AM
I found one of round things with the square hole, don't know what it is. I bet you can start charging admission to your museum. :yes:

Merc
03-05-2012, 05:26 AM
Nice hunt Dave. Nice job on the display case. Glad you didn't hit the frog, same thing happened to me last week. Digging a signal out pops the frog. Lol I felt bad so I re buried it. Plus the signal was crap lol Nice KG

aloldstuff
03-05-2012, 05:52 AM
Dave, So Sniffy ditched ya huh....Congrats on the KGIII and another nice pile of buttons. Kudos on not slicing the frog in half. Really like your new display cases. Seems that the bottom right crotal bell is not fitting quite right, so if your so inclined to do so, send it to me.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-05-2012, 06:34 AM
that toad is one lucky amphibian :yes: :yes: how did you not hit him with that mauler of yours :confused: lol lol

so what year is the George :huh: very cool musket ramrod tube . looks like a very sweet hunt Dave :clapping: :clapping:

thanks Dan. Can't pull a date off the KG but it locked on at 82 VDI so it's not a counterfiet right?

skrapman
03-05-2012, 07:35 AM
really nice hunt, love the displays of bells and lead figures. Not to long ago i cut a toad in half,felt wicked bad. crying01

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-05-2012, 09:05 AM
I found one of round things with the square hole, don't know what it is. I bet you can start charging admission to your museum. :yes:

I beleive it's some sort of saddle concho

rsarge1
03-05-2012, 09:55 AM
now thats hard core :frozen: I'm hoping to get out this coming weekend nice hunt

RobW
03-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Dave, you always impress :shocked03:

You know according to &quot:grin:iggers that KG is worth $60 rofl

10 1/2 Coppers so far and the season hasn't really begun...you're going to have another great year!